Strawberry Shortcake--Yum!

Options
We are just starting to get decent strawberries in at the grocery store and I thought I would share a tasty dessert that is healthy and satisfying that I found on a diet site online.

These delicious little shortcakes are made in muffin cups.

Ingredients

¼ cup sifted coconut flour

3 tablespoons butter, melted

3 eggs

3 tablespoons raw honey

¼ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt

¼ teaspoon vanilla

¼ teaspoon baking powder

Directions

Blend together butter, eggs, honey, salt and vanilla. Combine coconut flour with baking powder and whisk into batter until there are no lumps. Pour batter into greased muffin cups. Bake at 205 Degree C (400F) for 15 minutes. Serve topped with fresh strawberries and a little bit of whipped cream. Makes 6 cakes.

Replies

• SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    yummy! this sounds delish thanks for sharing!!!

What site did you find this on???
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    ooh, i have never used coconut flour, and since i now know of a store that sells it near me, i just may have to try this, sounds great and i love strawberry shortcake
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! these are amazing! i just made them, and first of all, they smell so amazing as they are baking, oh, and i added a tsp of cinnamon as well, cause i figured it would be nice if these tasted good simply on their own as there are not many fruits that are fresh right now where i am. it was really hard to let them cool off enough, and as it is, i probably could have let them cool off a bit more since i used muffin papers with them, and they stuck to the paper, they should be fine by tomorrow though. oh, i also had to use liquid egg whites for one of the eggs cause i only had 2 eggs, and that did not seem to hamper them at all.

big recommendation for sure!

edited to add nutrtitonal values

Cals- 176 (this is with using 2 egg whites to replace one of the eggs)
    Carbs-17
    Fat-9
    Protien-6
    and the 2 extra's i watch out for:
    Sodium-170
    Iron-4
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    These sound sooo good. Now, hopefully Shaws or Stop & Shop carry coconut flour...