NSV of the day

Kelleinna
Kelleinna Posts: 160
edited September 24 in Success Stories
So, I have this Tae Bo tape that my grandma bought me when I was about 16 (because I was fat then too... I'm 28 now). I used to do it a lot more often than I do now, but never quite got to the point where I could do ALL the reps on EVERY move in the video.

Today I decided I wasn't up to facing Jillian Michaels in all her Shreddiness, so I dusted off the old Tae Bo tape. Yes, I still have a device that plays VHS tapes. I popped that sucker in the VCR and went for it. And I did EVERYTHING on that freakin' tape. Every rep of every move. It wasn't easy... by the 3rd or 4th set of kicks I was not kicking as high as I'd started, but I was still kicking, darn it!!! And for some reason it was really fun...

Before you go giving Jillian credit for Shredding my butt into shape, please note that today would have been only my third day on the Shred. I think more credit must be given to being 16 pounds lighter than I was 6 weeks ago and the fact that I've been working out consistently every day in one form or another for the last four consecutive weeks. Hopefully the habit is starting to stick.

So yeah, anyway, I pwned Tae Bo. Yay! lol

Replies

• LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    great job I use to love to do tae bo!!!
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Double-time, go! Haha those tapes are great, and cardiovascular kickboxing is still a great workout! I miss Billy Blanks. Terrific job on the weight loss so far, Congrats!
  • Hey, Nemlein! We're practically neighbors! (Well, not really, but same state anyway... lol.)
  • Well done!!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!