THE WALL

Options
Ok, So ive lost about 30 pounds since I started calorie counting, which is great, and I don't have time to go to the gym so I've been counting calories, I have HIT A WALL in the last month and a half i lost only 5 pounds. I am 5'10 weighed about 210, now i weigh 178 but can't get any lower. I am going to hit the gym at least 3 times a week with running and lifting, I know this will help but to reallyspeed it up should I go atkins for about 3 weeks, I don't think realistically I can go more than 3 weeks without carbs or should i Just stick to the calorie count. I know it sounds like I am not pacing myself but in the last 6 months i feel like i could of done better than 30 pounds and i'm on and off with calorie counting but im getting discouraged again.

Less portion sizes? More meals a day to speed up metabolism? I go to school 5 days a week and need some kind of plan because i'm only about 15 pounds to my ideal weight, so a month and a half till spring break, is it do-able?

In the next month I want to drop 10 pounds, also I want to tighten my stomach, so should i do abs now or wait for the weight to come off?

Any advice would help, Thanks!

Replies

• Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi seems to me that at your height weight and sex you are just about hiting a BMI of 25 if you are "big Boned" or muscular then you are pretty much there.any further weight loss will be slow due to you being so close to an "ideal " weight.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Atkins will make you lose muscle and fat, not a good diet. at at your weight I think 5 lbs a moth is actually really good going.