From the UK

Options
Hi everyone,

I've been on MFP for a while now but am starting over and feeling quite enthused about losing weight though I have a long way to go.

I was wondering if there are any UK based people who'd like to say hi/be friends online to keep each other motivated?

Leila

Replies

• Franticantics
    Options
    I'd be happy to :)
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Me 2 - where in the UK are ya? xxx
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hey. I live in Oxford but from Scotland originally. :)
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hiya - I'm from the UK, Hampshire (but work in London) - feel free to add me if you like. I started properly in Jan and it does seem to be working!

:smile:
  • rosiesparkle100
    Options
    Yup! Londoner here :)
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    I'm in Edinburgh, feel free to add me.

I warn you now though, phrases like "great job" and "awesome burn" are now very much part of my vocabulary, love it! lol
  • rosiesparkle100
    Options
    I have become obsessed with WTG! Can you ever imagine UK people actually saying it in real life?!
  • shukeli
    shukeli Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    As long as I don't have to refer to this as 'my weight loss journey' I'm in
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Hi I'm from the uk :0)
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the adds folks. I'll have to make sure I fill in my food thingy now!

Nice to see some other people in kg!
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    I really like it, Americans are unahamedly enthusiastic and quick to congratulate each other, it's nice. We're very reserved and a bit miserable, in comparison. ;-)
  • AngelUK1985
    AngelUK1985 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a congratulations every now and then :P
  • pattyrish
    Options
    Hi there

I'm from Hampshire and my daughter recommended this site to me. She is also on here.
    Best thing I've done this year. Lost 7lbs on here but since new year I've lost just over a stone. Still a long way to go, but hey it's going in the right direction.

Pattyrish x
  • rosiesparkle100
    Options
    As long as I don't have to refer to this as 'my weight loss journey' I'm in

WTG! ;)
  • thefantasticmrsfox
    Options
    I'm in the north east- I'll be glad to accept any friends :)
  • carolyne2
    Options
    I really like it, Americans are unahamedly enthusiastic and quick to congratulate each other, it's nice. We're very reserved and a bit miserable, in comparison. ;-)

At least when we congratulate someone at least we mean it. :laugh:

Hiya count me in as a friend if you like, I'm in the Midlands -- Warwickshire norh side.
  • bahrainbel
    Options

At least when we congratulate someone at least we mean it. :laugh:

Controversial! ;)
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    im in australia but have an english husband and kived on the wirral for years. qould love some british friends on here :smile:
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Hi

Feel free to add me!!

Love the site and working well for me ! lets of nice people on here who will help !!!

Good luck !!!!
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    im in australia but have an english husband and kived on the wirral for years. qould love some british friends on here :smile:

oops..typing in the dark:) lived on the wirral,,,would love british friends!