Yoga

Options
olymp1a
olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
Hey guys,

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am planning to get a console in order to do some home workout including yoga. I am currently taking dance classes (9-13 hrs per week) and I really want to do some yoga in order to improve my flexibility, strength and posture.

So, I was wondering if there is any DVD you could recommend, so I can start working before I get my console. I know that taking classes of yog with an instructor is better but currently I do not have the time and I cannot afford it. I did enrol to a Hatha yoga class for about 1.5 month during Oct. -Nov. 2010 so I know the basics. I liked it a lot but I could definitely try a more vivid style of yoga.

Any recommendations?

Replies

• marialy21
    marialy21 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Eoinn Finn is my greatest yoga love. His dvds have several sections so you can pick either by how much time you have, i.e a 30min segment, 45min segment, 60min segment, etc.
  • olymp1a
    Options
    That could be useful, esp. on days I do not have a full hour to practice!

Any other recommendations?
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    There are a TON of Yoga videos on Netflix Instant Watch, if you have that. The one I do most is "Crunch: Candlelight Yoga". It's definitely beginner level. I take a yoga class that is a bit more advanced, so it's nice to do some easy yoga on the days I don't have class.
  • thektturner
    Options
    BTW - the one I recommended is 44 minutes, but the first 4 minutes are really just intro and I usually skip them :)
  • olymp1a
    Options
    There are a TON of Yoga videos on Netflix Instant Watch, if you have that. The one I do most is "Crunch: Candlelight Yoga". It's definitely beginner level. I take a yoga class that is a bit more advanced, so it's nice to do some easy yoga on the days I don't have class.

I do not even know what Netflix is (I am from Greece so I've never heard about it)but I will look into that!
  • olymp1a
    Options

I do not even know what Netflix is (I am from Greece so I've never heard about it)but I will look into that!
  • thektturner
    Options
    Netflix is a website where you sign up as a member and they send you DVD's in the mail. You watch them, send them back and they send you more. You can sign up for whatever number of discs at a time you prefer. You can also watch many movies streaming online. I live in the U.S. and have no idea about it's availability elsewhere. However, you can sign up for a package where you *only* watch the movies online, if the disc option is not available to you. I don't know how much it is per month, but I pretty much only watch the movies online as I just forget to mail them back very frequently.