Hello Fellow Weight Loss Determined People

sagithia
sagithia Posts: 135 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there, I am not sure how to start this other than to just dive in. I am a 24 year old female whose goal is to get down to 130lbs. I am currently at 170lbs and don’t look it. Thank you good genes. I am 5’6½ and look like an Amazon, but I promise it is an optical illusion, again thanks (not sure if it is a good thing or not) to my genes. I am now a size 10 which is a normal size but I secretly crave to get down to a size 6. I used to be chubbier, it feels like a long time ago but it was only a year and a half ago. I magically dropped weight without consciously doing anything. I actually had lost 45lbs and had no idea how I did it. Unfortunately I have gained back 20lbs of it and now want to get down to my idea weight that I was at when I was probably 13. LOL.

I know that more than anything else in this world this is hard for me because I work crazy hours and lack motivation. It is so easy for me to turn to food when I am having a bad day at work. It doesn’t help that I work for the devil herself, have very strict parents (who I sadly still live with due to familial obligations-namingly being born an Indian), get paid crap, work in Food and Beverage (where food is readily available), work for an employer who offers greasy subsidized foods (which is a lot easier that spending triple the money on home cooked foods) and hate to work out. This will be fun (not-so-much). I know myself and I know that I can do it but I need the support, so that is where I am looking to all of you. Any advice, help or support you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I love food, I love it soo much that I tend to think about food all day long. I tend to spend a majority of my time eating it as well. So, the hardest part for me is to give what I love up. But I figure it is worth it if I can get back into a size that I am comfortable with. My goal is to fit into a ridiculously cut bathing suit that even Mariah Carey would feel shy wearing. I want to be able to strut around and feel confident in myself and not having to pull my shirt down (to cover the tire) and up (to cover the boobs that are out of control).

I am going through a recent breakup (so recent that it hasn’t even been a month) that hit me pretty bard and left me a shell of my former self. Weight gain over the past few months has made me change my life. I just got a gym membership (that ka-win-a-dinkly enough started today) and intend on going to the gym 5-6 days a week for at least an hour. I intend to spend a majority of my time running, swimming and lifting weights. Unfortunately I don’t know anything about weights, other than the fact they are really heavy and my arms wobble like jello when I lift them. So, again, any guidance in this area would be greatly appreciated.

My 25th birthday is coming up in November and I want to be able to wear a gorgeous black dress that will look killer on my body. That is my goal…..

I am really excited about joining this group and learning more and becoming the person that I know is lost in all of this fat.

-S.

Replies

• sagithia
    Hi there, I am not sure how to start this other than to just dive in. I am a 24 year old female whose goal is to get down to 130lbs. I am currently at 170lbs and don’t look it. Thank you good genes. I am 5’6½ and look like an Amazon, but I promise it is an optical illusion, again thanks (not sure if it is a good thing or not) to my genes. I am now a size 10 which is a normal size but I secretly crave to get down to a size 6. I used to be chubbier, it feels like a long time ago but it was only a year and a half ago. I magically dropped weight without consciously doing anything. I actually had lost 45lbs and had no idea how I did it. Unfortunately I have gained back 20lbs of it and now want to get down to my idea weight that I was at when I was probably 13. LOL.

I know that more than anything else in this world this is hard for me because I work crazy hours and lack motivation. It is so easy for me to turn to food when I am having a bad day at work. It doesn’t help that I work for the devil herself, have very strict parents (who I sadly still live with due to familial obligations-namingly being born an Indian), get paid crap, work in Food and Beverage (where food is readily available), work for an employer who offers greasy subsidized foods (which is a lot easier that spending triple the money on home cooked foods) and hate to work out. This will be fun (not-so-much). I know myself and I know that I can do it but I need the support, so that is where I am looking to all of you. Any advice, help or support you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I love food, I love it soo much that I tend to think about food all day long. I tend to spend a majority of my time eating it as well. So, the hardest part for me is to give what I love up. But I figure it is worth it if I can get back into a size that I am comfortable with. My goal is to fit into a ridiculously cut bathing suit that even Mariah Carey would feel shy wearing. I want to be able to strut around and feel confident in myself and not having to pull my shirt down (to cover the tire) and up (to cover the boobs that are out of control).

I am going through a recent breakup (so recent that it hasn’t even been a month) that hit me pretty bard and left me a shell of my former self. Weight gain over the past few months has made me change my life. I just got a gym membership (that ka-win-a-dinkly enough started today) and intend on going to the gym 5-6 days a week for at least an hour. I intend to spend a majority of my time running, swimming and lifting weights. Unfortunately I don’t know anything about weights, other than the fact they are really heavy and my arms wobble like jello when I lift them. So, again, any guidance in this area would be greatly appreciated.

My 25th birthday is coming up in November and I want to be able to wear a gorgeous black dress that will look killer on my body. That is my goal…..

I am really excited about joining this group and learning more and becoming the person that I know is lost in all of this fat.

-S.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Welcome!:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • sagithia
    Thanks!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Good for you for joining! I was actually also quite in love with all things food but I found just monitoring and seeing what I was consuming and when has made it... here it comes... EASY to eat well.

When you're at the gym, you shouldn't be hitting the weights so hard that you can't do it. Start light enough that by the time you're doing your 12th to 15th repetition you're not really able to squeeze out another one. I did my personal training certification a few years ago so I'm not just blowing smoke :wink:

Best of luck! There's lots of support here!!
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou: You don't have to give up your favorite foods, only be more aware what and how much you're eating( bevore I never realised that 1 cup of mac and cheese was 400 calories prepared:noway: , and an italian brat had 300 cal.:angry: ). All I have cut out so far are fried foods and not because I can't eat them I just feel better not to. I eat lean meats, whole grain bread ( I bake my own whole wheat and rey bread) , whole grain pasta and fruits and veggies. I even still eat ice cream and baked goods, just in smaller portions or the light kind. I'm seldom hungry (only around my time of the month) or if I don't get to exercise.
    I would also not put such bit emphasis on a certian weight or size , I think it's more important where you feel the best and if you will be able to maintain your eating habits.
    I wish you success
    :drinker:
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    :flowerforyou: Hello and welcome. This is such an awesome site. You will do great here. Best wishes to you on your goals.
  • sagithia
    Thats amazing!! That for the tips, you have no idea how much every tidbit helps!
This discussion has been closed.