It's official, I'm in love with my measuring tape.

Options
I'm never going to trust scales again. I find that tape gives a much more accurate reading when it comes to weight loss. I see results daily from my clothes getting looser, my body feeling tighter and my fitness levels increasing. How much more motivation does one need?!

Who else has banished their scales?

Replies

• EmilyJ1979
    EmilyJ1979 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I haven't banished them but no longer feel disheartened by them as I feel so toned and healthy :smile:
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    I still have my scales and use it for the purpose of weighing in on here but I'd rather go on how i feel about myself and how I feel in my clothes too x
  • frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I only use my scale once a week and focus on my measurements. It's much less disheartening!
  • sabichu
    Options
    Haha, maybe "banish" was a bit of a strong word to use. What I mean is more of a mental state... banishing them from your mind and not feeling as if those numbers on the scales rule you. It's a fantastic feeling!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I worked for a female doctor who was 5'2 and weighed 130 pounds. She was a size 0 and very tight and toned everywhere. The measuring tape, body fat percent tester, and clothing sizes are a much better indicator of how you're doing.
  • lesleyk26
    lesleyk26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i love my measuring tape too especially today as i have put 3lb on :( but i think its cos i aint been eating enough but this week i have lost 2 inches off my waist and 1 inch off my hips
    to me its still a result but would like to see it on the scales too lol x
  • NLG139
    NLG139 Posts: 11
    Options
    Love this post, I'm right there with you! I'm so frustrated that I've only lost two pounds in a month (and those two lbs. like to jump around a lot)! But it was a nice boost yesterday when I took my second round of measurments. I've never had trouble dropping 5 or 10 pounds in the past but I guess your body changes and responds differently.

For those at their goal weight...do you see results in measurments first and then eventully the weight comes off too?

Also, does anyone have goal measurments? I'm not sure about mine.

5'6"
    Starting Weight: 151lb
    Starting Waist: 35 inches
    Starting Hips: 41 inches

Current Weight: 149 lbs
    Current Waist: 32 inches
    Current Hips: 40 inches

Goal Waist: 26 inches
    Goal Hips: 36 inches
    Goal Weight: 135 lbs
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I've never owned a scale and never have any idea how much I weigh unless I go to the doctor's office!! I've used my clothes for measurement ever since I was 18 - when the pants feel snug, then it's time to up my game! Because of this - and the fact that I'm too cheap to go out and buy new clothes just because I've gotten lazy about exercise and nutrition - I have literally been the same size for the last 30 years since high school.
  • Papaya81
    Papaya81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have actually just fallen in love with my measuring tape recently. When I decided to start seriously dieting and working out I was super discouraged by the fact that I didn't see weight drop the way many people on this site have. However, I felt thinner, looked better, my clothes fit nicer, and when I finally bought a nice measuring tape, I began using that as my measure of success. Of course I still want to see number drop on the scale, but with the combo of working out (strength training and cardio) I noticed my body was reshaping from fat to muscle...so I couldn't expect dramatic results on the scale.

But yes I agree, I am in love with my measuring tape too!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I lost 0.2lb yesterday, haha!

I'm thinking though to pay more attention to measurements though :D well doooneeee btw!