greetings

Options
Hello all. Newbie here. I have been lurking for about a week and thought it was time to say hi. I'm from the UK, Birmingham to be exact, and this is the first time in my life i've tried to follow any kind of diet/exercise programme. I've been a member of gyms before now, and I've done some fairly hard hitting sports in the past, but bad knees have meant a more sedentary lifestyle, and as such the pounds have piled on. I finally decided to do something about it, so here I am, watching what I eat etc.

Hello!

Replies

• kkwellness
    kkwellness Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You are going to love it- starting to log what you eat is KEY
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    you're so right there. I work in an office that has a heavily subsidised tuck cupboard, and whenever it's someone's birthday they always bring round a trolley of cakes...I eat when I'm bored, or tired, or when I'm not hungry, and it has contributed to quite a bit of weight gain. Keeping track of what I eat means that I'm not snacking, because I don't want to write down that i've eaten x number of kitkats etc. And I'm trying to be good by writing everything down!

I'm not going to count the calories religiously, but I'm hoping to develop a more healthy approach to food.
  • aussieopal
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome...I too have decided to do something about myself. Going thru a relationship breakup and walking 40-50km /wk is helping and now watching what I eat( or perhaps just not eating as I used to because there is no one to cook for..). In any case, the weight is dropping off. Keep up the good work...and we'll stay in touch