Can I take a break?

Options
AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
So, I've been stuck with 7lbs to lose for the last month...

I've lost 15 on here, over 30 lbs total since my baby was born, so I'm thinking I might just take a break and stay at this weight?

I'll keep eating healthfully, and keep working out, but maybe stop stressing about these last few lbs!?!

I've purchased a whole new wardrobe, I am pretty comfortable at this weight, and I'm finally back at a "healthy" bmi and weight. I'm thinking I might just live at this weight for a bit. Is 7lbs really the end of the world???
:ohwell:

Replies

• AJCM
    Options
    So, I've been stuck with 7lbs to lose for the last month...

I've lost 15 on here, over 30 lbs total since my baby was born, so I'm thinking I might just take a break and stay at this weight?

I'll keep eating healthfully, and keep working out, but maybe stop stressing about these last few lbs!?!

I've purchased a whole new wardrobe, I am pretty comfortable at this weight, and I'm finally back at a "healthy" bmi and weight. I'm thinking I might just live at this weight for a bit. Is 7lbs really the end of the world???
    :ohwell:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Sounds like a plan to me!!!!
    You've done a great job and look fabulous....

Kim
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I think if you are comfortable and happy where you are then maybe a break is the right thing for you. You may find that when you are not stressing it you will lose it. I have seen it happen. But be careful not to slip into the easy habits that get us at the stage of needing to be here. Although it is a wonderful place to be lol and we love to have you.

Good luck on whatever you decide :bigsmile:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    you can take a break from the stress of losing weight , but in no way shape or form are you allowed to take a break from MFP , NOPE NOT ALLOWED :mad: ok rant over :tongue:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    you can take a break from the stress of losing weight , but in no way shape or form are you allowed to take a break from MFP , NOPE NOT ALLOWED :mad: ok rant over :tongue:

th_exactly.gif
  • AJCM
    Options
    You guys are sweet!!!!

I would still check in here, and log my calories, I just mean I might move to maintenace, and sort of stop stressing about this 7lbs!!!! ARGH!!!!

On a personal note, I thought that once I lost the weight that life would be perfect. And although life is amazing, I still have some insecurities (does anyone else every think that? or feel that?).... skin isn't clear enough, teeth aren't white enough, thighs aren't slim enough...)

Anyway, thanks for listening and for the support!
    :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    You guys are sweet!!!!

I would still check in here, and log my calories, I just mean I might move to maintenace, and sort of stop stressing about this 7lbs!!!! ARGH!!!!

On a personal note, I thought that once I lost the weight that life would be perfect. And although life is amazing, I still have some insecurities (does anyone else every think that? or feel that?).... skin isn't clear enough, teeth aren't white enough, thighs aren't slim enough...)

• divalovesyou1
    Options
    If you're happy with your weight than were happy with your weight!!:bigsmile:

Just remember don't get too comfortable and start reverting back to old habits that will make you gain weight! Stay active, eat healthy and try to continue a healthy lifestyle for your overall health! Congrats for your success!!:drinker:
  • kimber607
    Options
    Hi

I understand what you mean
    I was hoping by eating better and loosing weight...things would fall into balance better
    I might feel less stressed, sleep better etc etc
    Plus now that I've had the weight off for a few months, I don't even remember what it was like to be 25 pounds heavier...seems really nothing has changed
    My problem areas are smaller but they still bother me (a lot)
    I think what you are feeling is pretty normal and we can sometimes be too tough on ourselves
    I'm sure most people (especially your DH etc) don't notice your thighs, or the tiny pimple on your face (you know what I'm talking about)

Kim
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    You guys are sweet!!!!

awww you better not go anywhere lady!!! I'll find you and drag you back....lol...nooooo ...but I would miss the heck outta you!!!

I think you look amazing btw...and you never know...going on this break may just be your kick start....sometimes we need those....either way you go girl!
    hugs!!!!
    Ali :drinker:
  • dashielldo
    Options
    First, congratulations on all that weight loss!
    Second, check out Tom Venuto's burn the fat, feed the muscle -
    he really emphasizes how the scale is not the measurement for fitness - or leanness -
    and that it's possible you are now leaner than you were 7 lbs lighter (with more muscle mass) - which could account for additional pounds - I just read an account on a BFFM blog of one guy who didn't lose weight for 3 months but lost 40 something inches -
    So if you're eating healthy and exercising, feel good in your clothes, etc - I 'd say forget about those pesky 7 pounds!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Thanks for the support!

I don't want to slip into old habits, that is for sure!!!

I will stick around this sight, but as of THIS MINUTE, no more stressing about losing these last few lbs!!!

Ahhhhh (weight is lifted....)
    :happy:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support!

I will stick around this sight, but as of THIS MINUTE, no more stressing about losing these last few lbs!!!

Who is going to start our 'Last 10lb' post each day...:sad: :sad:

I think you have answered your own question when you mention a new wardrobe and how good you feel! Dahlin' you look mah-va-lous!! :drinker:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Thanks for the support!

Who is going to start our 'Last 10lb' post each day...:sad: :sad:

I think you have answered your own question when you mention a new wardrobe and how good you feel! Dahlin' you look mah-va-lous!! :drinker:

Oh heck... I'll still post on the last 10lbs... I'm just going to go easier on myself!!! I had a little crisis here today!!! Ha!

I still have to wear a bikini on a public beach in 5 weeks! I'm going to keep going!!!!! (minus the weighing oneself 10x daily!) :tongue:
  • kimber607
    Options
    Good luck!!!

I think anyone, any size could look good in a bikini
    I'm currently a size 4 (after weight lose..was a size 10) and I still can't wear a bikini...
    2 kiddies did 2 much damage...LOL
    I'm opting for a tankini...

Kim
  • AJCM
    Options
    Good luck!!!

I think anyone, any size could look good in a bikini
    I'm currently a size 4 (after weight lose..was a size 10) and I still can't wear a bikini...
    2 kiddies did 2 much damage...LOL
    I'm opting for a tankini...

Kim

Hahaha! I hear ya sister!!! I used to wear string bottoms, but this time I had to elect for a slightly higher and fuller bottom, so as to help hide some of the low stretch marks - ugh!!! The tummy is pretty flat so I'm going for it! I don't think I will ever have those "six pack indents" again, but maybe!!! The skin is defnitely loser than before! It's good as long as I stand up, if I lay down on my side, things *shift* on their own!
    :tongue: