OT: Question for the married folk

Options

Replies

• briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Harry Connick, Jr. - - Our Love is Here to Stay

Oh, and we picked it b/c we're both huge Harry fans and it was easy to dance to. We've always considered "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds to be "our song" but kinda hard to dance to...
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I won't be married until next summer, but we picked our song already- my fiance loves hair bands. :huh: lol, but I'm happy with the choice as well: Afterglow by Great white
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Closing Time by Semisonic

Long story!! :bigsmile:

'I know who I want to take me home, I know who I want to take me home....'
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Yeah... our DJ sucked the big'un! She started the song without checking the volume so we stood there for the longest 15 seconds of our lives in silence waiting and when she turned it up it was half way through the 1st verse :explode: I walked down the aisle to Enya - A day without rain (really cool story behind that song - ask if you want me to go into it) and she messed that up too by starting some total other song. However, I walked back up the aisle to Bad Mamma Jamma and she was right on que with that! :laugh:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    "From this moment" Shinia Twain

Wow we'll be celebrating 10 the coming Jan........*sniffle* where has time gone????????
  • Kimlane70
    Kimlane70 Posts: 117
    Options
    the rose by bette midler. but my sister-in-law played the piano and sang it. she did a great job.
  • nbright
    nbright Posts: 2
    Options
    Tim Mcgraw- my best friend!
    weve been best friends since we were 10
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I Could Not Ask For More by Sara Evans - it's a country song that was popular in 2001.
  • tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    Options
    Heaven By DJ Sammy. We hadn't picked anything since we considered "It's All Good" by DMX our song (figured that would offend Grandma). So, 2 weeks before the wedding, I heard that remake on the radio (it had just came out) and I thought it was perfect.....definately captured what we were feeling for eachother at the time.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I Swear by John Michael Montgomery.

Lame-O
  • tparkin
    tparkin Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Our song was "Only time" by Enya.

It was a song that both my husband and I loved, as it was so true to our relationship. We met at the young age of 14 & 15 and had our first son 3 yrs. later. We didn't continue our relationship while our son was younger, but we continued to be there for Jeremy together. Over time, we truly fell in love and by the time Jeremy was 2 1/2 we were in a committed relationship. 10ish years later, we are happilly married with three beautiful children and no one even knows there was ever a time we were apart. So when we were married, almost 5 yrs ago, that song was the only choice.

7508.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options

It was a song that both my husband and I loved, as it was so true to our relationship. We met at the young age of 14 & 15 and had our first son 3 yrs. later. We didn't continue our relationship while our son was younger, but we continued to be there for Jeremy together. Over time, we truly fell in love and by the time Jeremy was 2 1/2 we were in a committed relationship. 10ish years later, we are happilly married with three beautiful children and no one even knows there was ever a time we were apart. So when we were married, almost 5 yrs ago, that song was the only choice.

7508.png

:sad: *Sniffle* I love Enya!! And so does my hubby, we used to park by the beach and listen to the cd's over and over... Just you bringing up that song brings back some very happy memories :devil: with the CD playing in the background
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    we had a whole cd.... :laugh: Dean Martin's greatest hits. We just looped it so the whole cd played over and over in the background during the whole reception. No first dance or anything, it was a pretty small wedding. My husband is Italian and his parents got such a kick out of it. We gave them the CD when it was over, I just made my husband buy it again so I can listen to "our" songs once in a while!
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    Options
    "Just You and I" :heart: - Eddie Rabbit and Crystal Gayle.

If I was picking a song today it would be "Cross My Heart" :heart: by George Strait
  • JustGorgeous
    Options
    Court house wedding BUT!

our song is

Ill Be- edwin mccain!
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Take my breath away by Berlin.....my husband was wearing his uniform on our wedding day so it was appropriate and I love that song!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • damselfly25
    Options
    Fly Me to the Moon....our reception was set up like an old jazz club...my colors were black and white and my husband and I love all types of music so instead of picking a deep meaningful song (of which we have tooooooo mannnnyyyyy!) we chose something appropriate for the wedding theme.
  • tparkin
    tparkin Posts: 126 Member
    Options

7508.png

:sad: *Sniffle* I love Enya!! And so does my hubby, we used to park by the beach and listen to the cd's over and over... Just you bringing up that song brings back some very happy memories :devil: with the CD playing in the background

We lived in Venezuela for 6 mnths while I was pregnant with our 3rd child and we listened to the cd everyday together. It's a really meaningful cd!!
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    "Honestly" By Stryper.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    We get married June 13 2009 :drinker: but I already have it picked out...Endless Love by Mariah Carey and Luther Vandross.:heart: I love Mariah Carey!! Beautiful, inspiring music :smile: