Trying out the 400-calorie fix

Options
2»

Replies

• gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    Thats great!! 1 pound is still god!! Over the weeks they add up so try not to get down about it!! It will all come off over time and u seem to have the right mind set!! I am 5'5 and started out at 213 and I've lost 31 pounds its taken me awhile but its coming off and thats all I'm happy about!! :happy:
  • cathrinebock
    Options
    Wow, guys. Thanks so much for all of the support. I was almost brought to tears. I'm so excited to be starting this journey with other people around me. I just have to keep remind myself to be patient and stick with it! My goal for today is to take my starting measurements and an official "before" photo. :)

erickirb - Thanks for the advice! I have been trying to eat any calories that I burn when working out. Hopefully MFP will help me track all of that a little better. :)

cassidystreasures - Thanks so much for the link! I already want to try making everything on that first page. ;)
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    First of all, welcome to the site. You have come to the right place for great motivation and support. I have struggled with my weight my entire adult life because I have never had the right kind of support. When I lose weight I will lose up to 3 pounds one week then 1 pound if I am luck on other weeks. For me it has a lot to do with my TOM and other stressors of the week. Good luck with your journey and I know you will be fine, you sound like a very strong person.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    We all have the ups, the downs, and the "still the sames"... but in the end all your effort will be worth it!
    My suggestion would be to work in short term goals that in the long-run will get you to your ultimate goal. :) For me I'd like to lose about 25-30 pounds when all is said and done, but by going for about 8-9 pound milestones I get that sense of accomplishment (and a good reason to CELEBRATE!) each time I reach a new goal, and I get motivated for the next one.
    Good luck with your weight loss plan!