Bad week equals fat week

Options
I've been trying to go it alone in regards to loosing weight, perhaps because its embarrassing to admit to people just how fat and unfit I really am! But this week has been a bad week, I've not made it to the gym, I've had bad news at work and I have of course comforted myself with wine and chocolate, and I've had fast food for the first time in months. I'm in need of support to get me back on track!

Replies

• frisk72682
    frisk72682 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had a bad weekend and lets just say a row of oreos was involved along with two bowls of girl scout cookie ice cream and a jalapeno cheeseburger from applebees.

But even though I felt ****ty and like I royally screwed up...I started over on tuesday and the last two days i've ate better and excercised.

I think sometimes you need to be pouty and eat and drink whatever you want so you can get over it and start anew!!

You can do it! It's hard, but if you just start over you'll feel better in a few days : )
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    I'm with you. I've been going strong and this week I've given in to a lot of the Valentines Day baked goods that have been floating around my office. :( Today is a new day and we can get back on track right now! I've got the rest of my day planned so I don't eat anything unexpected. Come on, we can do it!
  • rkrobke
    Options
    I'm with you.....having one of those weeks where I can't stop eating. To make it worse, there is a weight loss challenge at my gym that I am doing. I started MFP @ 5'9" and 187.5. I started the gym challenge at 175 2 weeks ago....this week I weighed in at 176.2.....talk about a let down! Lets get through this together...friend me if you want
  • Sherri0706
    Options
    You've come to the right place! I've only been here about 1 month, but everyone is so supportive here! You can do this - just take 1 day at a time, 1 meal at a time, starting right now. Determine that the next thing you eat WILL be healthy and the next thing after that, and so on. Everyone has bad days/weeks/ heck, I've known bad months! just keep thinking positive and go for it!! You can do this. Friend me if you'd like. Good luck!!
  • fisher110
    fisher110 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Winter just seems to be the time when we all have many of those bad "I want to eat" days. I have been trying really hard this week to get back into the swing of watching what I eat. It always takes me a good three days to get back into a good eating pattern. Maybe with Spring right around the corner (hopefully!), it is incentive to make good food choices. I am on my third day now and hopefully have re-set my eating habits. Just keep trying and thinking postively - we're all in this together!
  • Kerry1023
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. This is a journey...a marathon NOT a sprint. We all have bad days, weeks, months...But If we can decide to get back on track and make the choices we are making right now count we will make a difference in our lives.

Shelnybro said it best "You can do this - just take 1 day at a time, 1 meal at a time, starting right now. Determine that the next thing you eat WILL be healthy and the next thing after that, and so on."

You can do this. Confide in others and look for support. I know for me just knowing that there is someone who can relate to what I am going through really helps! Friend me if you'd like. We can support & motiviate each other. We can & will do this!
  • schorkj
    schorkj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Every day is a chance to start anew. I seriously recommend getting a partner in your journey. My wife and I are having great success at this weight-loss effort; pushing each other to do better. She's getting hotter each day and I'm getting friskier and burning calories chasing her around. It's ALL good.
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    A bad day or bad week is just one part of your weight loss journey. I would suggest trying to refocus and remember that everything together creates the whole picture -- so for example, I know in the winter months my motivation to exercise is really low, so I focus more on eating a lot of vegetables and controlling my food intake. Don't try to live up to other people's standards about what you should be doing, but focus on healthy choices that work for you in the longterm. An example for me is that even through MPF tells me I should eat around 1400 calories a day, I'm comfortable with 1600 during the winter and know I can eat that many every day without feeling deprived. So far over my lifetime I've lost 60 pounds so something must be right with this mindset! I try to remember weight loss is not about speed; it's about longevity and maintaining healthy behaviors. Just start over, and try to make more good choices than bad choices. Try to consistently make healthy choices whether thinking about food or physical activity or ways to address stress without eating. I think the large majority of us (if not all of us) have those bad weeks, but don't give up! Losing weight is a long journey. Dig your heels in and work on making sustainable healthy longterm choices for your life. And drawing support from others is a good idea too if you can find way to incorporate that, whether through this site or through face-to-face support. You can do it!