Limited Progress for Females

Options
So... I've been monitoring my "trends" throughout the last nine months as it relates to my weight loss progress. According to my nerdy spreadsheet, I'm finding that I'm only making progress for two weeks each month (which is fine; I've accepted it). The week of TOM, I gain a few pounds (this last month, it was 6 pounds!!!). Then I spend a week recovering from the gain and getting back down in weight. Then I have two weeks of making "real" and noticeable progress!! Anyone else notice this? :-)

Replies

• liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    me too ---- at the end of it all though, I'm ahead on the losing part so I'm ok with that :) two steps forward and one back, right? it adds up eventually
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I actually lose weight the week Aunt Flow visits. I also get an energy boost and go on a cleaning spree in my house. So sorry I am not of much help.
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I've been doing MFP since start of January and have had 1 TOM since starting, where I just maintained my weight at that time and the week after I lost 3lbs which is slightly more than what I normally lose (I can lose between 0.5-2lbs). I'm approaching the TOM again and it will be interesting to see what happens again!
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I notice that I put on about 3-5 lbs and it happens the week before and the week of but just before TOM is done my weight goes right back down. Are you drinking lots of water to stave off any unwanted water retention? I know the week before I feel like eating everything in sight but I try to behave myself and make healthy low calorie low carb choices.

Keep your head up:) As long as you are making progress the rest of the time then you are doing something right:)
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I'm not worried about it. I just noticed a trend and wondered how common it was. Yes, I get those eat-like-crazy cravings, but am generally really good. I drink loads of water (between 100 and 200 ounces of water/day), so I'm good there. :-)
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    So... I've been monitoring my "trends" throughout the last nine months as it relates to my weight loss progress. According to my nerdy spreadsheet, I'm finding that I'm only making progress for two weeks each month (which is fine; I've accepted it). The week of TOM, I gain a few pounds (this last month, it was 6 pounds!!!). Then I spend a week recovering from the gain and getting back down in weight. Then I have two weeks of making "real" and noticeable progress!! Anyone else notice this? :-)

Totally. I have noticed for myself that if I'm able to keep the TOM bingeing to a minimum when the week of bloat (mine was 6 pounds last month too :noway: ) finally goes away I'll have a loss too. Infact I've posted some of my biggest losses that week.

Anyhow you're not alone. and good for you for accepting that it's how it works and not freaking out. :bigsmile: