protein after workout

Options
I have read that it is good to have a source of protein after a workout. I was wondering if there is a certain type that I should be having. I workout in the evening once my kid goes to bed so i would prefer for it to be in drink form since I don't like eating 2 hours before I go to bed. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I drink special K protein water drink mix. It comes in strawberry kiwi and pink lemonade. That way you are still getting your water intake but also getting your protein. Good luck.
  • beautymkt
    Options
    I drink a whey or soy protein shake. It's high in protein and has alot of additional nutrients your body needs. It comes in strawberry, chocolate or vanilla powder form. It can be mixed with water, your favorite drink or milk. I mix it with my favorite fruits as well, such as a banana, avocado or berries. Good luck!
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    Since I workout in the evenings, I usually drink a glass of skim milk with a scoop of generic store brand whey protein powder mixed in it. It comes in vanilla and chocolate flavors. I use the vanilla then mix in half a serving of Ovaltine or other powdered mix for the chocolate flavor.

Depending on my day's calorie intake at that point, it's either something I drink with a light meal, or something I use as a meal replacement. It's thick and filling without the aftertaste I sometimes find in many commercial protein drinks.

I read in a runner's magazine that plain old chocolate milk had the same basic ingredients in it as the expensive recovery drinks on the market. Can't beat that.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I use Designer Whey before and after workouts. About 8oz each, mixed with water and chilled. Eash serving has 100cals.