Seeing an ex...

Options
I went to school in Gainesville, Fl and dated a guy for almost a year. He moved away in Feb of 2006 and just recently moved back to Gainesville. I will be going down there in October and will be seeing him. I have to lose 37 pounds to be at my goal weight, and now I have to do it by October!!!!!
Any help with ideas to keep me on track will be appreciated!!

Replies

• moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    I went to school in Gainesville, Fl and dated a guy for almost a year. He moved away in Feb of 2006 and just recently moved back to Gainesville. I will be going down there in October and will be seeing him. I have to lose 37 pounds to be at my goal weight, and now I have to do it by October!!!!!
    Any help with ideas to keep me on track will be appreciated!!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
    I'm not sure about 37 in 4 months. Possible, but may be a little harder. I started in Jan. thinking I'd lose at least 8 pounds a month and be done already, but it seems to be coming off at like 4-6 pounds a month instead. I'll reach my goal, but it's taking a little longer than expected. I too will be seeing my high school sweetheart in August at our reunion, and would really like to be at goal weight by then. (almost high school weight) I just want to shove it in his face!:laugh: :laugh: I'm happily married!
  • Wizzle
    Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yes, make sure you are doing this weight loss for YOU!. There can be other reasons too, but you should be the number one. This will help you maintain a healthier lifestyle and live longer. Those should be motivators by themselves.

I know how it feels to want to impress and ex and make them think they let something great get away ( which he totally did). This should motivate you too. Try to image that this weight loss and healthier lifestyle is going to bring you closer to a person who you can spend the rest of your life with. Whether it is this guy or not.

Actually, my goal is October 2. October 17th is what I am trying for. It can be hard to stay motivated, but just think how great you feel when he compliments you on how great you look. Just think about how great you will feel when other people notice it too, and when you start to notice it.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Let me start by saying that you can do this EASY, and here is why...
    My ex husband was at my daughters High School graduation. (our daughter.)
    Had not seen him for about 2 years, I worked my BUTT OFF,
    had the perfect outfit and had the cutest shoes.
    I had in my minds eye that I HAD to look as HOT as I possible could on that day so that he could eat his HEART OUT!
    I think I did a decent job, Trust me on this one... If you are SERIOUS about this and looking great on that day, you will not NEED that much more motivation.
    Because each time you think...
    "Oh one piece of cake will not hurt me. " Or "Oh missing this work out will not kill me."
    Remember that you are on a time table and you will be MUCH better at fending off the temtations.
    Each rep see him eating his heart out. Each bite of healthy food see your skin glowing healthy and your body responding, and him feeling bad that you look so good and he does not.
    OH another thing that really helped me is that outfit that I told you about.
    I bought one in the size that I wanted to be by the graduation. And I told myself that I was not going to wear anything else, so I had BETTER fit into this one outfit. Or I would look real silly, I hung it in the bathroom where I would see it every morning and every night.
    I can not TELL you how GREAT it felt to try that dress on a week before and note that I had to take it in because it was too big!!
    Now you have 4 months and I had 4 and a 1/2, but I think you get the point.
    High motivations with time tables like this are SO much easier to keep then those that do not have a Goal.
    Good Luck! and remember that we are all pulling for you! .
    --Diann...