tortillas?!?!?!

RocketsGirl75
RocketsGirl75 Posts: 648
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
I am looking for a low carb, low calorie, low fat, low sodium tortilla that tastes good and doesn't fall apart.......does this mythical thing exist?!? :indifferent:

Suggestions?

Replies

• catwoodard
    catwoodard Posts: 22 Member
    I was just in wal-mart looking for the same thing. I would love a whole wheat torilla that isn't 200 calories each!!!
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    tortilla factory has some good tortillas. i know they have them in stop and shop. goodluck!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    I gave them up
    I come to like my meals without the tortilla and I am saving calories and carbs, more to spend on lean protein and fresh veggies.
  • The lowest tortilla we've been able to find is 70 calories. Not sure of brand. Seems like a lot for not more than it is! Good luck.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    I think weight watcher's does one that is only 100 cals (other brands are close to 200). You can buy it at Save-on and Safeway.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Have you seen the flatout tortilla & wraps? They are pretty good :)
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,283 Member
    Make them yourself. The ones from this site are amazing!!

http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com/2007/03/and-end-to-my-quest-flour-tortillas.html
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    The lowest tortilla we've been able to find is 70 calories. Not sure of brand. Seems like a lot for not more than it is! Good luck.

I found one like that too. I'm pretty sure it's La Banderita. Walmart doesn't carry them by us, we have to go to an actual grocery store like Publix. They taste the same as any regular flour tortilla, don't fall apart either.

Yummy:)
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    I am looking for a low carb, low calorie, low fat, low sodium tortilla that tastes good and doesn't fall apart.......does this mythical thing exist?!? :indifferent:

Suggestions?

i use Ole Tortilla Wraps...taste delicious and have 8 g protein, 12 g fiber, no sugar, no cholesterol, no lard.
    and they don't fall apart!!! Yummy! (and only 71 calories)
  • I've given up. Now when I go out for mexican I just grab a chip and eat as much salsa off it as I can and nibble it. haha.... I guess I probably look pretty ridiculous, but maybe it will be worth it.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Bump. I have a recipe for a good white tortilla but I've never tried making it with wheat flour, never really thought about it.
  • I have found one...It's made by La Tortilla. They're whole wheat, 7g carbs, and only 50 calories. I like the garlic and herb ones.
  • I actually use the corn tortillias. I pop them in my oven to make them hard & eat with a healthy topping like a tostada. A lot less Calories & Sodium than the flour/wheat tortillias!!!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    MISSION Tortillas, wheat and carb balance.
  • Sante Fe Tortilla Company have the best low calorie, low carb, etc. and never fall apart. The only place I have found them is at Sam's Club
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    if you go look in my food diary there are some stone ground whole wheat tortillas you will have to back track some i think like t2 weeks they were really good and did not fall apart i want to say they were called tex-cos or something like that
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    I gave them up
    I come to like my meals without the tortilla and I am saving calories and carbs, more to spend on lean protein and fresh veggies.

Same here.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    Or you could try making your own. :smile:

I am actually sort of serious about that. I am finding to keep the sodium down I am making more and more of the stuff I would normally purchase pre-made. I can then play with portion size and other stuff to get what I want for taste and nutrition. At this point I am even considering getting a grain mill so I can grind my own flour and include all the good stuff that is removed by the flour mills as apparently even whole wheat flour is white flour with stuff added back since they have to remove the wheat germ (that is where all the vitamins are) as it has some oils in it that will go rancid on the shelf. I figure I could grind my own to the amount I want and leave all the good stuff in.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    La Tortilla Factory - Low Carb High Fiber Original Whole Wheat Size Small

50 calories, 7g of fiber, and pretty yummy too! I buy them at the commissary but I haven't looked to see if any other stores have them.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Hmm...I'm not sure. For myself, when I buy tortillas I focus more on the "cleanness" of the ingredient list, than worry about calorie numbers. It just seems that when you do actually find something that is "too good to be true" as far as low fat, low carb, etc, often it means that it is processed to the hilt and full of fake ingredients. I recently discovered Stacey's Organic whole wheat tortillas...not extra "low" in anything, but with a clean, simple ingredient list. Tortillas are a great source of good carbs and fiber, but I just enjoy them in moderation. good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.