In need of some 30 Day Shred advice

Options
Hey guys!

I've been browsing the posts and I see a lot of you are doing the 30 Day Shred, so of course I bought myself the DVD to try it out.

Some of my questions are
1)How often do you do this video? 5x/week? 7x? Every other day?
2)Do you supplement it with any other exercise?
3)Did you see significant results (I'm not really expecting the "lose up to 20 lbs in 30 days" thing the case says)
4)Any other general tips?

Thanks guys!

Replies

• aimeemaryrose
    Options
    I'm sure everyone will tell you have to do it like the box says, but I've just done it occasionally amongst other stuff I'm doing. I get bored easily with exercise so I find it best to do it that way to mix it up a bit.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I love to exercise with videos at home but I get bored easily. I have 30DS, Biggest Losers Last Chance Workout, Banish fat Boost Metabolism and one other one. I rotate the videos, not really on a regular basis but as needed to keep myself interested in exercising.

Good luck!
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    i was wondering how many times a week to do it as well....5 or 7? i just recently got it and i usually supplement 20 minutes of couch 2 5k with the dvd.

goodluck!
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    I have been doing it pretty much mon-thurs.. and I am sorta seeing results.. but idk... I also pair it with her burn fat boost metabolism.. and then I am planning on pairing both of those with her yoga..
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I incorporate it with my other dvds. I do some cardio. If you want it to be more challenging up your weights. i do it 4-5 times a week right now because i am doing the 30 day challenge. once i am done with it i will do it when i feel like doing a quick workout. i didnt lose much weight but i did get toned.
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Some of my questions are

I do it everyday (I completed Day 8 this morning!)

I walk 3-4 times a week, 2.5 miles each time at a 4 mph rate

3)Did you see significant results (I'm not really expecting the "lose up to 20 lbs in 30 days" thing the case says)

I lost 2.8lbs the first week, and i feel a lot stronger than when i started!

• ajwall3
    ajwall3 Posts: 187
    Options
    I just started it yesterday and I plan on doing it every other day along side the Burn it Up (last DVD in the Slim in 6 series) I hope to increase my endurance more. Burn it up is 60 minutes long and so I figure by deviating the endurance/time of my workouts every other day it will keep my body guessing rather than the SAME thing every day. Also I'm trying to deviate my cal intake from day to day.... one day a couple hundred more than the next and then back down a couple hundred - someone told me on here that's a good tactic to keep your body guessing... I will see if it works - my scale hasn't moved in 3 weeks (But it hasn't gone up either and for that I'm thankful!) Good luck!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    start off by doing each level per week. mon-fri. after you comleted 3rd wk and all three levels, then you can rotate like this:
    mon - level 1
    tues - level 2
    wed - level 3
    thurs - level 1
    fri - level 2
    mon - level 3

and so forth. It works for me! also try to add at least 20-30 minutes walking every other day. good luck!! i hope this will work you as well!
  • kristiek7
    Options
    I did each level for 10 days, no skipping days..........I've lost 12 lbs!! I am pretty active with my son (lots of skating/hockey, etc).......some mornings I would do two levels for a longer workout. I love it!
  • bhonniered
    Options
    Some of my questions are

1) 2-4 days a week for me - generally Mon- Wed and again on Friday
    2) Like other said here - I too get bored easily so I tend to rotate it - right now I do 30DS and then a pilates video or I will pair it with 30-40 minutes of Tae Bo
    3) Not so much weight loss, but more toned and a lot stronger
    4) Listen to your body and drink lots of water :drinker:
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    1)How often do you do this video? 5x/week? 7x? Every other day? Every day
    2)Do you supplement it with any other exercise? Yes, I do body attack Monday, Boxfit and Aquarobics on Tuesday, I do an hour of cardio - rowing, bike and elliptical on Wednesday, I do Body attack and Body pump on Thursday, I do spin or general cardio on Friday and I do a class of some sort (sometimes 2 classes) on the weekends.
    3)Did you see significant results (I'm not really expecting the "lose up to 20 lbs in 30 days" thing the case says) I am only on day 4 but I started doing it to increase the amount of strength work I do and have found that I am starting to feel a little stronger already.
    4)Any other general tips? You will start to hate Jillian Michaels :wink:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    this was me!
    30 days L2 only
    30 days L3 only
    now only L3(4x) and L2(2x)
    I always took 1 or 2 rest days
    you can lose up to 20lbs if your starting off with a lot of water weight and follow a good nutrition plan with no cheating
    I started off the shred after my fitness was established. I always use treadmill before doing shred.
    great luck to you!
  • BreeWilder
    BreeWilder Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just finished it and I did it 6 days a week. 3 days a week I took an hour walk. My body has got significantly stronger. I did Level 1 again the other day and it was easy peasy. My big advice is just stick to. Always keep moving. If some of the movements are hard for you modify them or move in some way. You can do it!
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

I've been browsing the posts and I see a lot of you are doing the 30 Day Shred, so of course I bought myself the DVD to try it out.

Some of my questions are

Thanks guys!

My answers:
    1) My first round with the 30 DS started in Oct 09 at 223lbs and minimal physical activity at that point. I started with Level 1 and did it 7x week. I know the program states you do each level for 10 days= 30 DS, well, I did Level 1 for probably 20 days. I did each level until I could complete the entire level without modifing or taking breaks during the workout.
    2) When I first started, I modified for quite a number of exercises when I felt I couldn' t complete them. IE: cobras for push-ups (this is where you lay flat on the ground with your arms in push up position, you use your arms to lift just your upper body off the ground leaving your pelvis on the floor), jogging or marching in place for the jumping jacks or high knees. And I only modified after trying to do the exercise they were on for as long as I could.
    3)YES YES YES. From October 09- March 10 I lost 60 lbs. Now I religiously logged my food and exercise into MFP and did my 30 DS. That is it. I swear. No supplements. No gimmicks. Just calorie counting/ nutritious eating and exercise.
    4) I started with 3 lb weights. When I couldn't keep going with the weights I dropped them and just kept moving. STICK WITH IT. It will get easier. I just started up again, and I'm now on Level 2 (today is my 2nd day of it). You will feel stronger and you will start to notice changes. Don't expect a miracle over night. And remember this quote (which got me through) "People often times give up what they want most for what they want at the moment." Every time I wanted to binge eat or skip a workout b/c I just "wasn't feeling it" that day, I logged into MFP, hopped over to the Message Boards and read that quote. Got right back on track.
    YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    hello i do it(30 day shred that is) lol, probally 3 times a week but do other acivities as well!
    along with other dvd's and walking..
    :) hope thins helps
    but ANYTHING you do will help that you always should remember!!