Help!

Options
So I've been having a hard time lately. I eat really well for a few days and then lose all control and just binge on food to the point where my stomach hurts so I throw up. Not healthy at all. I need to stop.

I've also been wondering if this is just the weight my body wants to be at. When do I just accept that and stop trying to force my body to lose weight?

(I am 5'2" and probably around 125 - the scale at my gym broke and they are taking forever replacing.
My goal weight is about 115 but I have quite a bit of muscle.)

Replies

• gianliza
    Options
    iIm sorry to hear that but I have had the same problem since i was 15 over eat then binge. ! Not healthy at all and also you start feeling guilty and ashamed the best advice I can give you is get help get a doctor or a professional pshychologist that is a doctor in binge eating. I know its hard to have to open up to a doctor but I did. Even though it took me 10years to open up about this. good luck and remember you are not alone you just need to take that first step to to be a bettter you .
  • kgarza810
    Options
    its difficult to stick with it. I think a lot of us have that problem. im 5' 2" also & 125 is my goal weight... I think that is a healthy weight for our height.
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    Your body definitely wants to be where it is - but that doesn't mean it's good for it! Your brain gets accustomed to maintaining a level of food, and that causes it to resist changes. That's one of the reasons it's best to change slowly - do the one pound a day change, and split your food up over the entire day so that you never feel like you're really hungry. Eat filling things, and don't use your calories on empty foods like cold cereal, crackers, or too much bread. I'm not advocating a no-carb diet, but when you're dieting you have to be extra careful of the nutrition you're getting.

When you are ready to binge, do you crave any food in particular? That can be a sign that you're missing a particular nutrient or food group - try to figure out what it is and get some every once in a while. My particular vice is chocolate - so I allow myself one piece a day, preferably under 50 calories and as dark as I like it. It makes a huge difference to whether I feel 'satisfied' with what I'm eating or not.

I've not got it perfect, as I'm obviously not where I want to be yet ...

Looking at your height / weight, I don't know what the recommended level is - you might try a different measurement than weight to see if you need to lose more. My family has really heavy bones, and can't healthily get down to a recommended weight. It could be all the muscle is pushing the scale up for you. So long as you're fit and healthy, you're doing great!
  • vanadia
    vanadia Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    At 125 you are already at a healthy weight. If you're meant to lose more, just keep tracking your calories and exercising and it will happen.

And stop binging. The problem usually stems from depriving yourself of what you want. So if you really need that cookie/soda/pasta, then have just a single serving, or even a half serving. If you goof and eat a whole slice of chocolate cake, log your calories and get moving till you've worked it off.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and happy between 120-125... sounds like you are having a really rough time!
    It's easy to say stop bingeing but how easy is that really!?
    I give myself a 'day off' from the calorie counting and try to be responsible but also treat myself. If I know that I can have the ice cream on 'friday' it's easier to get through wednesday.
    Maybe do something for yourself, manicure, pedicure, hair, whatever.... get some new clothes... you need to treat yourself!
    Take care of yourself! Really!!!