safest lunch at Wendy's?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Much agreed on the sandwiches. Either you only eat one piece of the bread if you are worried about carbs, Get a sandwich with thin bread, and no mayo.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I get a small chili and a plain baked potato. I then dump the chili on the potato, filling and not to bad at just under 500 calories for the meal.
  • megan_mp
    Options
    Apple pecan chicken salad (no pecans unless I have cals available) with a water (to offset the sodium in the chicken). It's so yummy and filling! They offer a half size too...
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    do you have a droid or iphone i have an app called restraunt nutrition that list a ton of restraunts and thier menus along with calories and everything i love it

Downloading now, thank you!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    My doc advised me to do a small chili from Wendy's. Protein to carb ratio is better than anything else. I wouldn't do any of the sandwiches b/c of the bread / mayo.

I just ask for mustard instead of mayo and bread is fine for me in moderation.

Still, overall, I don't go to Wendys unless desparate, especially since I heard the chili is made from all the greasy left over hamburger crumbs (someone who worked there told me that - dont know if it is true, but it grossed me out).

not really.
    At the end of the day, any burgers that have been grilled up and have not been served, are chopped up and used for the chili. They usually only have 1-3 of those, and the chili recipe needs a bunch of burger, so they also grill up more burgers to use in the chili. This is one of the final tasks they do before they clean the grill, before closing. The chopped up burgers are put into a giant slow cooker with a big pouch of powdered spices/dehydrated onions, beans, etc. And a bunch of water. We stir it up, turn it on and let it simmer all night. Tomorrow when the morning crew gets in, they stir it up again and it's chili.

I worked there, and I will still eat there, so....
    Don't ask me to go near a Jack in the Box though :sick:
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    Salads aren't bad if you take off the croutons and bring your own dressing.
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    do you have a droid or iphone i have an app called restraunt nutrition that list a ton of restraunts and thier menus along with calories and everything i love it

I just downloaded it to my iphone. Love it. Will be a great help when out and about...Thanks
  • pauljohnsadler
    Options
    Triple Baconator with large fries and large coke :)
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I get a small chili and a plain baked potato. I then dump the chili on the potato, filling and not to bad at just under 500 calories for the meal.

This is what I do when I go there too. Delish!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Triple Baconator with large fries and large coke :)

Word! :laugh:

But really, the small chili with a side salad is a great choice!
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My daughter and gdaughter and I went out of town and thanks to your recomendation Restaurant Nutrition was very helpful. We ate at Captain D's and I got the talapia plate and the #'s it gave was very close to MFP's I'm going to enjoy this app!!! Thanks again.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    would love some wendy's chilli right now :)
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    I also downloaded the app to my iphone thanks for that.