Cottage Cheese

Options
OLP76
OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
I actually brought some 1% low fat cottage cheese today. I had 2 teaspoons of it plain...The taste I will have to get use...

Does anyone else eat cottage cheese? Do you mix it with anythin' else?

Thanks to all who sends suggestions :wink:

Replies

• bjenny1234
    Options
    I like to top a baked potato with low fat cottage cheese and cherry tomatoes, maybe some green onions if I have them on hand. It is really yummy and filling! I even eat it for breakfast =D
  • APirc
    APirc Posts: 6
    Options
    I eat the Fiber One cottage cheese with tons of fresh ground black pepper, a bit of sea salt and sweet cherry tomatoes! Love it! You get extra fiber and good protein!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I love it. I like it plain and could eat it every day. I don't, because limiting myself to 1 serving is too much of a struggle (ie, I have no willpower), so I don't keep it in the house. But I think it's fantastic. Depends on which one you get though.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Go to the recipe forum and search for cottage cheese. There are TONS of ideas!
  • itsgemmafool
    Options
    i love to mix my cottage cheese with peaches or pineapples.
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i looove cottage cheese and would eat it plain :P
    but i also like putting banana slices in it... or using it as a dip for apple slices!
    sprinkling some cinnamon on it....
    mixing in cereal (like cheerios or kashi go lean).
    the texture is a little weird when i do this, but i like mixing apple sauce in too!
  • hhines88
    Options
    I like the taste of cottage cheese but the consistency can sometimes get me so I mix my cottage cheese with a little bit of yogurt to help with the taste and the consistency. if it is just the taste you need to get used to then I would just add some fruit instead....
  • red5
    red5 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like mine with mandarin oranges!
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    I mix it with either spring onions or pineapple.
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest addictions since starting to eat healthier is cottage cheese with cucumber and peppers (any color) mixed in. I have that most days for my morning snack MMMMM
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cottage cheese.

I like to eat it with fruit, like pineapples.
    Also I found a really great lunch.
    1/2 - 1 cup cottage cheese depending on how many calories you have
    Some chopped veggies including
    -bell pepper
    - tomatoes
    - cucumber
    - black olives

2 tsp Italian seasoning

I call it Italian Cottage cheese salad. YUMMY!
  • pj_writer
    pj_writer Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm a savoury cottage cheese person
    I like it on toast with marmite (a UK yeast extract spread).
    I also like it with a little parmesan grated into it to make it more cheesy - then in a sandwich or with a baked potato
    Also stirred into pasta with a little pesto and some fresh chopped tomatoes (either hot or cold as a salad)

hth!
  • suzlee123
    Options
    :happy: I mix it with solid white tuna, chopped dill pickles and black pepper. Don't laugh....it's not that bad.
  • dihardcheer86
    Options
    i love to mix my cottage cheese with peaches or pineapples.

ME TOO! I also switch it up with drained mandarin oranges. I buy a jug of cottage cheese for the week and a can of each fruit (no sugar added) then each day i open a new can and portion my breakfast and store the rest in tupperware containers in the fridge. I hate eating the same thing every day. A different fruit makes it more entertaining for my taste buds :)

My father-in-law does the black pepper on top with saltines.. (I've never tried it)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It's great on a baked sweet potato with salsa. Also I drizzle a teeny bit of honey on it and add berries too! Yum!
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    my mom eats hers with peaches. although i like mine with S&P and tomatoes
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Berries are great. Also tomatoes. Pretty much any fruit is really good with cottage cheese.
  • georgeannie84
    georgeannie84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    it is very nice once u get used to it i buy it ready mixed with pineapple i have it on cracker bread as a snack and its not to much cals
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I make herbed cottage cheese by taking the container and adding a teaspoon of freeze-dried chives (spice section), a teaspoon of italian seasoning, a teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. I eat 1/2 cup with 5 ritz crackers for breakfast sometimes!
  • RachelH25
    Options
    I eat it as a sweet, creamy treat with the no sugar added canned peaches. Love it!