85 pounds total to lose!!!

I am 28 years old and have been "thick" & "chunky" (yep, like salsa) most of my life(reality check: obese)

I live in Michigan the (unemployed state)and have most of all my life. Found this website on a web search and am so glad.

If anyones got any wonderful words of wisdom for hanging belly exercises, how to not have so much loose skin after you lose and how to stay on track, I am all ears.

Replies

• I am 28 years old and have been "thick" & "chunky" (yep, like salsa) most of my life(reality check: obese)

I live in Michigan the (unemployed state)and have most of all my life. Found this website on a web search and am so glad.

If anyones got any wonderful words of wisdom for hanging belly exercises, how to not have so much loose skin after you lose and how to stay on track, I am all ears.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hey!

Just know you CAN do it. I know it seems daunting. TRUST me, I know. Just take it a week at a time and go from there. You will be surprised at how fast the small and healthy weekly losses add up to a HUGE loss! Time flies!! We are all so busy and the time will go by much faster than you think it will.

Exercise will help you tone! And the more you exercise, the more you can eat! :)

Eat healthy foods. Treat your body well. Eat to nourish your body. That isn't to say you can NEVER have a treat or junk. Just have it in moderation and incorporate it into your daily calories.

Good luck to you!

-Tami
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    I think for the loose skin problem, losing it slowly will help. From what I understand, you have to give the skin plenty of time to adjust to the changing size of your body.

Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Bri is right!!
    Losing the RIGHT way, instead of fast, the skin will follow.
    Streatch marks however are another story. :ohwell:
    --Diann...
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Doing this when your 28 is a big advantage. Concentrate on losing in a healthy way and your body will take care of the skin nicely. You can do this, slow and steady wins this race. The first step is the hardest.
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Welcome!! I am also a 28 year old who's been curvy her whole life. I started out here a month ago with 101 pounds to lose and am already 18 pounds closer to my goal. I love this place a lot!! Good luck with your goals :flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Yay for the late 20-somethings! I'll be 28 in a couple of months and am 10 days (and over 6lbs!) into my journey. I have between 75 and 80lbs to lose. How did that happen?! This is a great place! Welcome! :)
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    You can do it! The most important part of losing a significant amount of weight and be patient. Thats the hardest part - your goal is to find a way of eating healthy you can stick with for the rest of your life - not a quick fix. This is a great place to figure that out :)
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    You can do it! The most important part of losing a significant amount of weight and be patient. Thats the hardest part - your goal is to find a way of eating healthy you can stick with for the rest of your life - not a quick fix. This is a great place to figure that out :)
    . . . :flowerforyou: Hello and Welcome to mfp.Ditto on what msarro posted. You are on a awesome site with excellent support from some really great people. Try keeping logged on to help you keep focus. Again as msarro posted: "YOU CAN DO IT". Best wishes to you on your goals.
  • thanks for the reply. I started out at my highest weight in march and then i found this place. it does seem to go faster since i keep tighter tabs on myself
  • I think for the loose skin problem, losing it slowly will help. From what I understand, you have to give the skin plenty of time to adjust to the changing size of your body.

Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:

I hope it will all average out. i worked construction for over 8 years so hopefully my muscle will come back quick
  • Welcome!! I am also a 28 year old who's been curvy her whole life. I started out here a month ago with 101 pounds to lose and am already 18 pounds closer to my goal. I love this place a lot!! Good luck with your goals :flowerforyou:

Wow, i am 18 lbs closer as well. good luck to you and i will have to check in on ya to see how your doing
    :flowerforyou: