Daily Recommended Sugar

Options
The way I understand it, is that you don't 'count' fruit sugar (or natural sugar) toward your daily value. This is helpful, but I still have a big problem.

Each day my diary grants me 37g of sugar. Each day I go way, way over! I completely understand on days where I have a Pepsi (just one can is over my daily limit) but on days like today, I can't imagine how I can stay under.

Today ex: almond milk: 20g sugar
honey bunches of oats: 6g sugar
clif crunchy granola bars: 11g sugar

with these 3 items I am already at my limit! I don't think any of them are 'natural' sugars, though they might not be completely added. But still, the entire day of sugar before 10am, and I thought I was eating healthy!

Any advice appreciated, how can I lower my sugar intake?

Replies

• JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with sugar too. I eat a lot of fruit a day, banana, grapes, apple, and strawberries. I'm always way over my sugar, plus my other food with sugar I am never under. Its frustrating.
  • es5864
    es5864 Posts: 28
    Options
    I am the same way as well. I eat a lot of fruit and drink natural fruit juices sometimes that does not help at all! Hmm at the moment I don't have any great suggestions but I will think on it today and get back to you my dear! I need help with the sugar intake, too.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    If I ate only fruits and natural juices, I would feel ok with my sugar being high intake. The natural sugars are not that bad.

Hmmm. Still thinking here, too! Wonder what I can eat the rest of today and do well on sugar!