Very Expensive Pee

Options
2»

Replies

• achojnacki
    achojnacki Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I take an iron, and calcium/vitamin d supplement everyday. When I take the iron I am allowed to give blood, and do not show up on blood tests as anemic.

Also during winter/for hangovers/when I feel tired, I take a B vitamin supplement with vitamin c, or an emergen-c packet. I find that this winter I didn't get sick for as long or as often. I work with clients so they carry all sorts of germs into my office.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    i think it is very important to let your Doctor do the bloodwork. I had no idea that I was vitamin d deficient. So my Doctor prescribed 53000units once a week.

In addition I take:
    Multivites - Gummies - Less than 10.00usd in Sams Club for a bottle of 200 gummies
    Viactive - One a day Sams club bag 150 for under 10.00usd
    Spring Valley - Vitamin B with B12 liquid (under the tongue) under 6.00usd in Walmart

I definitly feel a difference - It took about 2 weeks-ish
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Definitely have your doctor do the blood work! My new physician did a routine blood check for deficiencies and lo and behold, I was severely deficient in B12 (mind you, I am a meat eater). I took supplements for two months, re-tested, and my levels are now fine. I have been instructed to take a multi plus an additional B12 supplement daily and have been doing so since. Please don't just take the internet's word for it that a balanced diet is enough, or you just pee out all vitamins. Every body is different and only your blood work will tell the true story.

BTW, I love the title of this thread :)
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I take a multi-vitamin, flaxseed oil, and vitamin D every single day. I definitely believe they can be beneficial to your diet but I agree with everyone who says to have a Doctor do blood work for deficiencies. I got a little vitamin happy last year and OD'ed on Iron last year and had horrible dizzy spells for almost a week. However, I was also really depressed last year and after taking Vitamin D for a few days my depression went completely away. I take a multivitamin for precaution against the days that I don't have the most balanced diet. And I take flaxseed or fish oil because I don't eat seafood and rarely eat walnuts so I need my omega's. Also, I have eczema so I can use the extra boost to my skin. :-)