Eggwhite Frittata

Options
laurenk182004
laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
I could seriously live off of this it's so good

4 eggwhites (roughly 65 calories depending on egg size)
Frozen Broccoli or Mixed stir fry veggies (depends on what u use, usually winds up being around 40 calories)
1 tablespoon Taco bell taco sauce (it says 0 calories on the bottle, but I find that hard to believe lol)
28g or 1/4cup shredded sharp cheddar (110 calories)
Butter flavor cooking spray

So it's easy, just take a small casserole dish, I use one that is like personal size, spray the dish with butter spray. Then dump in your frozen veggie of choice. Drizzle veggies with the taco sauce. Crack the eggwhites in there, cover with foil and bake for about an hour. Check to see if the eggwhites are set up, if they are, remove the foil, sprinkle on your cheese, replace the foil and leave on the counter for like 10 minutes. That's it, cheese is melty and the taco sauce adds flavor. It's so good and ALOT of food
Total Calories: Roughly 225 for a huge serving with all kinds of nutrients. :) I hope at least 1 person tries this because it's my new favorite meal!
Side note: Fat free cheese would knock back the calories even lower

Replies

• Becs25
    Becs25 Posts: 79
    Options
    This sounds great. I am most definitely trying this.
  • TTLee
    TTLee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Can't wait to try this out
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    I can't wait til u guys try it..lol I love the fact thqat I have to wait an hour for it to cook too...keeps me from eating as soon as I'd like to..haha :) Let me know how u like it! I use that taco bell taco sauce on everything too, rice, cabbage..u name it. It was a good find
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    sounds so good. i have no idea where to get taco bell sauce. do they sell it or are you just opening a bunch of the packets up?
  • briclipper
    Options
    I am going to try this, whats the oven temp? on the baking? sounds very yummy, and im using the fat free cheeze.. to help it along... thank you I use hot sauce for alot of my dishes anyway, including on my salad... so i might try it with that as well...
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Woops 350 degrees..sorry lol

They sell the taco bell sauce right in mexican food section at the grocery store, by the salsa..well at least at my Shaw's they do :)
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    hey ppls..I was just wondering if anyone got around to trying this yet??
  • krisvtx8777
    Options
    I do go weeks living on these! I'm addicted as well. I do mine with broccoli spinach tomato and a bit of parm sprinkled on top.
    I also like to do asparagus and spinach and mushroom. So filling and good!
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    I do go weeks living on these! I'm addicted as well. I do mine with broccoli spinach tomato and a bit of parm sprinkled on top.
    I also like to do asparagus and spinach and mushroom. So filling and good!

yum I love asparagus and mushrooms, definately will try that combo :)

Bumped for Shawana! :bigsmile: Hope you try it and like it
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Sounds good.
  • dot513
    dot513 Posts: 38
    Options
    bump:tongue: