Finding it hard to stay motivated

Options
So, I have lost about 18 pounds since January 1st. I feel great. I can fit into clothes that I hadn't been able to wear, ever. Lately, the past week really, I seem to have lost my drive. I don't know why. I still want it physically, but mentally I can't get myself in the game. I don't understand. This is so hard. It's even harder when I have a husband who just wants to eat out all the time and gets mad if I say I don't want to. Anyone else gone through something like this?

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I honestly have weeks like this. I'm super pumped and dedicated one week, and the next I "m like ---"Ugh REALLY?! I have to eat good AND workout AGAIN?!"

What keeps me going is the weight I've lost, the weight I know I NEED to loose yet, and my health. I wanna be here for a long time, and look good and feel great.

Maybe switch up your workout routine, or cook different foods, and get some new music! See if that helps!
    Good Luck!!!!!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Lots of us have to struggle and fight for what we want.

Love and and respect your husband and his wishes, but it is absolutely imperative that you love and respect yourself. If a husband isn't especially supportive, then you'll have to be your own support team (along with MFP). :wink:

It's very difficult to make the decision to stay on the path when there are so many temptations out there! Going out to eat all the time can't be easy, But try to think of it this way......you either do or don't want to follow through with this, and you'll have to make up your mind one way or the other.

I've struggled with this my whole life and I know it's tough. But promise yourself this is what you want, and don't give up.

Drink lots of water when you're out to dinner and try eating 1/2 portions. And plan accordingly through the day to allow for the restaurant foods. It helps me to plan my whole day of meals first thing in the morning.

Be strong.
  • Rdlm1001
    Rdlm1001 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you. This is a hard hard journey and honestly one I struggle with everyday. You are not alone. It is a weird thing when we start making changes there is always little sabotages that show up and make us recommit to our path. If you really want this, you have to stay focused and do it for you. the people we love can get scared when we change the rules and often husbands get scared that their wife will leave them. Just give him lots of love, but don't sacrifice your needs for him. Take care of your body and your spirit before all else.