Nutella

Options
mommared53
mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
Ok, I've read the warnings on this site about Nutella and how delicious and addictive it is. So yesterday I bought some. I'm having some right on a double fiber english muffin for a snack. Holy cow this stuff is so good!!! I will be leaving the nutella at work because if I take it home it'll be gone in no time. I just won't be able to resist dipping into it. YUUUUUMMMMMMMYYYYYYY!!!!! It even looks decadent!! So glad I bought some. :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• mommared53
    Options
    Ok, I've read the warnings on this site about Nutella and how delicious and addictive it is. So yesterday I bought some. I'm having some right on a double fiber english muffin for a snack. Holy cow this stuff is so good!!! I will be leaving the nutella at work because if I take it home it'll be gone in no time. I just won't be able to resist dipping into it. YUUUUUMMMMMMMYYYYYYY!!!!! It even looks decadent!! So glad I bought some. :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Nutella is the DEVIL!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Nutella is the best! I'm from Europe and we grew up with that stuff....piping hot fresh baked bread, butter & peanut butter & nutella.......YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Nutella is EVIL!!! :laugh: Last night I made some low-fat cupcakes and spread a tsp of nutella on top as icing.... - good thing I was good the rest of the day. It was so hard to stop at just one!!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I bought some last week and must NEVER buy it again. It's too addictive. It became "meal replacement" for me a couple times and it's just not healthy enough for that.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I actually ADORE using Nutella as part of this new way of life! I hadn't bought it in AGES because I could consume almost the whole jar in a day (I know...) but when I started MFP I bought some and every other day or so I'll have a tbsp of it on toast or a banana or a carrot if I'm really craving a chocolaty treat. It has COMPLETELY helped me with moments of craving and it is one of the reasons I'm losing weight! Who can imagine I'd be able to say that about nutella! lol
  • divalovesyou1
    Options
    Not to sound dumb but what is Nutella? I'm so sorry if it sounds like I'm in the stone age:happy:. Could anyone tell me??:indifferent:
  • mommared53
    Options
    The jar says "The original creamy, chocolaty hazelnut spread:. It's made with over 50 hazelnuts per jar and skim mild and cocoa. It contains no artificial colors or preservatives. It's in the peanut butter section of the grocery store. IT'S DECADENT!!! It has the look and consistency of chocolate frosting. I never heard of it before MFP either.
  • divalovesyou1
    Options
    Thanks Mommared53:flowerforyou: !!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Yes, it definitely helps with my "sweet" craving. I will have a tbsp on an english muffin or even make a waffle sandwich using nutri-grain waffles with nutella in the middle!! :laugh: I don't eat it EVERY day, but do enjoy it pretty regularly!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    TamTastic, I'm so glad you said that too... Seeing your AMAZING progress makes me feel like this indulgence is okay :wink:

Do not try Nutella (or even LOOK at it) unless you're confident in your will power. :tongue:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    TamTastic, I'm so glad you said that too... Seeing your AMAZING progress makes me feel like this indulgence is okay :wink:

Do not try Nutella (or even LOOK at it) unless you're confident in your will power. :tongue:

That's very true!! I am famous for my iron clad will power!!! :laugh: :laugh: I pray every day that it keeps up!!

But the thing about it is that ANY treat can be a part of a healthy lifestyle. It's just about being able to have a little and have that be enough.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    The jar says "The original creamy, chocolaty hazelnut spread:. It's made with over 50 hazelnuts per jar and skim mild and cocoa. It contains no artificial colors or preservatives. It's in the peanut butter section of the grocery store. IT'S DECADENT!!! It has the look and consistency of chocolate frosting. I never heard of it before MFP either.

The jar may say that. . ."hazelnuts and skim milk and cocoa" but the ingredients list says "sugar" first. I went to buy some and just couldn't do it. Sorry to be such a killjoy. . .but I have to say it. It's tasty (I remember it well . . ) but I'd eat the whole jar, as sugar is my trigger.
  • mommared53
    Options
    Yup, that's why I leave the jar at work. If I took it home it would be gone in no time. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bonita87
    bonita87 Posts: 50
    Options
    nutella oh my god my sisters used to hide the jars from me coz theyd know id sneak down at night and eat the whole jar ,.... i swear its evil me and my teacher used to laugh abt it coz we had the same problam :grumble: