It's getting to me

Options
So I live in the Seattle area and we have only had about 3 days of nice sunny weather in June- other then that it is gloomey and it makes me just want to sleep, I need a good kick in the rear to get me motivated to go work out

Replies

• jamieerindesigns
    Options
    So I live in the Seattle area and we have only had about 3 days of nice sunny weather in June- other then that it is gloomey and it makes me just want to sleep, I need a good kick in the rear to get me motivated to go work out
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I lived in Seattle a Loooong time ago, so I understand what you mean.
    Just because you can not see it right now, Rember that Mnt. Rainer is still there standing waiting just like you for the sun to shine again.
    And when it goes it will be beautiful just like you!
    Try to remember that you guys are not the only ones and at least with your rain you are not worried about the creeks and rivers rising and overflowing their banks.
    I am with you sweety, This too shall pass.
    --Diann... :flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, it hasn't been to summery here yet either, they call for rain pretty much every day! I know that there's still alot of summer left but I feel like alot of it has been wasted already.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Come to Tennessee. We love ya'll here. Sunny 85-90% of the time. Yes, we do need some rain right now, but we have the mountains and several parks nad areas to go play.

Come On Down!!!!!!!!
  • Jillian
    Jillian Posts: 88
    Options
    I hear yah! I'm up in Bellingham, what a beautiful weekend we had! Now, it looks like softball will get rained out AGAIN!!! We've played 2 days in 2 1/2 months. I was suppose to be playing for exercise, now I have a hard time getting off my butt! HELP!!!
  • jamieerindesigns
    Options
    It gets very depressing, same here, I play Soccer and games keep getting rained out... Not fair, they say it is suppose to be 85* on saturday, so hopefully it turns out!
  • Jillian
    Jillian Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
  • jamieerindesigns
    Options
    Come to Tennessee. We love ya'll here. Sunny 85-90% of the time. Yes, we do need some rain right now, but we have the mountains and several parks nad areas to go play.

Come On Down!!!!!!!!

AWWW thanks... I wish I could! I would love sunny weather 90% of the time... is that year round?
  • Wizzle
    Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It's called SAD Seasonal Affective Disorder. People in Seattle get it a lot because they are not out in the sun. Basically, what it is is human beings need lots of sun to be happy and motivated when we do not get enough sunlight we can become depressed and less motivated. In your local area there should be places like tanning beds, but instead it is just light (no harmful rays) so that you can get the right amount of sunlight that you need. They actually start putting a lot of these in Seattle because there is so little sunlight there. You should check it out.

I included a link to an article on WebMD that talks about SAD and helpful little tips to get you out of that unmotivated mood.

I live in FL and storms here a lot in the afternoons. I tend to notice that I get less motivated on overcast days then when it is sunny down here.

I hope this helps!!!!:smile:
  • divalovesyou1
    Options
    Chicago weather sucks!! We get 4 seasons of weather in ONE day some time LOL!! :bigsmile:
  • jamieerindesigns
    Options
    Chicago weather sucks!! We get 4 seasons of weather in ONE day some time LOL!! :bigsmile:

:laugh: YIKES! :cry:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    wqorkout for those sunny nice days you will be smoky hot!!!!!
    My weather here sucks to. It brings truth to the phrase. "If you dont like the weather in pittsburgh(or chosen city) wait five minutes..."
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

Come On Down!!!!!!!!

AWWW thanks... I wish I could! I would love sunny weather 90% of the time... is that year round?

well usually until we have October, it is sunny and warma nd dry at times. go to www.weather.com
    type in knoxville 37920 or 37865 and look at the average highs and lows.