JUST NEED TO TALK

Options
I am an American currently live in Bahrain, where the recent protest are taking place in the Middle East.

Our internet is a little spotty right now. I currently have it and need a break from all the news.

What was your day like and any plans?

Replies

• Awineburg
    Options
    It snowed yesterday, not a lot but enough to freak everyone out lol
  • linmolko
    Options
    Hello :)
    I've been in the library all day (projects in University), back home for 1 hour for food, and now back in the library!

Oh the joy! And you?
  • kathy140
    Options
    was pretty nice today in the low 50's but windy. but I will take it. hope you have a better day tomorrow
  • lhague
    lhague Posts: 258
    Options
    Snow? Where?

Univeristy Which one?
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I understand you needing a break from all of that madness. I plan on cooking, exercising, going to the movies with my mom to see The Kings Speech, washing clothes and dying my hair, and playing on the ,.box360 kinect with my kids. I have a busy day ahead. I am just glad I don't have to work tonight. Oh, and I have to run to the store. What do you do over there?
  • phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    I'm in Atlanta GA. It is finally getting warm here, we may even hit 70 today. Of course I'm not out enjoying it but stuck at work instead. :grumble:
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Here is some random babble for you...

My day is going okay. I work from home and started out the day hosting our monthly partner call and now I'm working on our partner newsletter. Most the day my two cats have been at war - trying to get the best position in the window. Now they are both taking a nap. Tonight I get to go see a sneak-preview of a new movie that will be coming out in a few weeks. I think the movie is called Beastly or something like that. It looks fun, kind of geared for a younger crowd I think. Other than that, it is about 50 degrees F here in MN and rainy. For us it is a heat wave.

Hope that gave you a little break :flowerforyou:
  • lhague
    Options
    The King' Speech. I so want to see that. One the news here it won the European Barth Award (I think that's it). It is the equivalent to the Academy Award.
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    Well took kids to doctors....sitting at the chiropractors and thinking about a new tattoo...? Keep your chin up and your shoes tied and you'll get along just fine <3
  • Awineburg
    Options
    Snow? Where?

Univeristy Which one?

Snow is Oregon, Beaverton /Aloha actually. It was just a mild dusting. It was pretty though
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I love the picture of your dogs! They look so stoic and adorable all at the same time. Are they with you in Bahrain?

How long have you lived over there?
  • lhague
    Options
    Well took kids to doctors....sitting at the chiropractors and thinking about a new tattoo...? Keep your chin up and your shoes tied and you'll get along just fine <3

Shoes tied...that made me laugh out loud, had to write it instead of lol because I really did:laugh:
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I understand you needing a break from all of that madness. I plan on cooking, exercising, going to the movies with my mom to see The Kings Speech, washing clothes and dying my hair, and playing on the ,.box360 kinect with my kids. I have a busy day ahead. I am just glad I don't have to work tonight. Oh, and I have to run to the store. What do you do over there?

Excellent movie!!! I hope you enjoy it! Colin Firth... sigh... :love:
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Angela. How close is your location to Afghanistan? I am geographically challenged! :laugh: I was asking because my son is in the Army...he is in Afghanistan, so I can sympathize being in an unsafe location. He is home right now for his "R & R", which is wonderful! He surprised me two days ago...I had no idea he was home and he just walked into my mom's house.

I really didn't have any plans for today. I at at Arby's for lunch. I get a roast beef sandwich without the bun. It is low on carbs and full of protein. My only plans for the afternoon are to walk later. I live in Indiana and it is in the 50's here today. I am going to go enjoy some of this sunshine. Feel free to add me as a friend, I know how it is to just need to talk to someone. I have been there.

Take care,

Angela Coble
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have been sitting at a desk all day for my internship! :( most of the sites on the computer have blocks on it. this is the only one i can get on other than the news sites.
  • lhague
    Options
    I love the picture of your dogs! They look so stoic and adorable all at the same time. Are they with you in Bahrain?

How long have you lived over there?

Yes they are, that was a deal breaker if they couldn't come. Amy and Atlas (white one) They are such snugglers.
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Today it is so beautiful outside, it feels and looks like spring. Well minus the little bit of snow that is still on the ground. It's supposed to be almost 70º tomorrow. Just looking outside makes you smile. Tonight I'm going to go to my best friend's house and visit her and her hubby and little man, who I call my nephew. He's just the cutest little thing in the world :)
  • lhague
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Angela. How close is your location to Afghanistan? I am geographically challenged! :laugh: I was asking because my son is in the Army...he is in Afghanistan, so I can sympathize being in an unsafe location. He is home right now for his "R & R", which is wonderful! He surprised me two days ago...I had no idea he was home and he just walked into my mom's house.

I really didn't have any plans for today. I at at Arby's for lunch. I get a roast beef sandwich without the bun. It is low on carbs and full of protein. My only plans for the afternoon are to walk later. I live in Indiana and it is in the 50's here today. I am going to go enjoy some of this sunshine. Feel free to add me as a friend, I know how it is to just need to talk to someone. I have been there.

Take care,

Angela Coble
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    just sitting here, "working"
  • lhague
    Options
    Angela, thanks for your reply, and more than anything THANK YOU TO YOUR SON!!!

I am south in the Persian Gulf, 26 km from Saudi. I am directly south of IRAN,

My prayers are with you