Looking for workout buddies :)

Options
Hello, I'm Jenn a 26yo Mom of one awesome 3 yo girl. I was reasonably fit after losing and maintaining a 70lb weight loss for 5 years (althought not toned enough) and worked out throughout my entire pregnancy.

However after my daughter was born I stopped working out.
Quit smoking. (one year non-smoking anniversary is in April!)
Got a summer job last year river guiding so I gained a bunch of upper body muscle but was eating too much food to burn off any fat while doing so.
And just generally started over eating at most meals - not by much but just enough to slowwwwwly gain weight over the last year or so.

Until I got on the scale 4-5 weeks ago and realized I was .5lb away from being in the overweight catagory for my measly height of 5'2".

No way was I going to continue this trend and be the short fat girl again! Suddenly super motivated I started minding my food consumption, banned real pepsi from the house and started working out (Biggest loser vids and Jillian Michaels vids mainly). I'm down 8lbs since I started (2lbs since joining MFP) and my fiance is also on board and is trying to improve his body and strength as well.

No one in real life is very supportive of my trying to lose some weight and get in shape simply because they think that if you are not overweight you have no reason to better yourself. Except my fiance but he doesn't really understand how this stuff works yet and is pretty much just following my lead still.

So I'm looking for friends here on this awesome site, to support each other in this journey. I would love to get to know some of you :)

Replies

• meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!

I am getting back on track after losing 60 lbs while my husband was deployed with the Army from Sept 09-10, I gained 21 lbs back since he has been home. He is off to school, and I told him I'm taking this time to get back on track for the both of us and when he comes home in 2 months we are not turning back again!!!

I work out at home in the evening. i do mainly Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, 6 Pack Abs, Xbox Kinect Biggest Loser Ultimate Challenge, and my elliptical!
  • CurriedGrasshopper
    Options
    Do you love the xbox kinect workout?

I've been eyeing this up ever since Kinect came out. I got my xbox for christmas but won't have the kinect until april probably. It just seemed so much better than the wii versions of workout games my friends use as you have to use that damn board or hold a remote - it seems so inefficient so I've avoided and stuck to dvds so far.
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    welcome to the family =]
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jen and I am here because I eat too much and exercise too little. It's been 72 hours since my last pop tart and I feel good about it.

If you want a workout buddy I will be one! I have also joined a P90X challenge starting shortly that you are welcome to join!!
  • CurriedGrasshopper
    Options
    Hi Jen!

Great job on avoiding the pop-tarts!

I should check out this P90x challenge you mentioned. I downloaded the entire set + digital manual and charts etc a few weeks ago but haven't started yet. (I had heard so much about total muscle exhaustion from those videos so decided to 'build up to it' with Jillian Michaels etc.

But surely working my butt off for 4-5 weeks is possibly enough in fitness gain to not completely collapse from P90x eh?
  • goofyjilly
    Options
    I will be your buddy. It would be nice to have some others to help with motivation.

I understand about being overweight. I was the fat girl growing up!

I am a mother of 3, 2 of which are twins. They are 20 months old and I am now trying to lose the baby weight. Hopefully, I can get back to where I was!
  • CurriedGrasshopper
    Options
    Jilly - ah yes it's an experience being the fat girl in school eh? Middle and High school kids being so kind and considerate of one another *sarcasm*

Although leaving that crap behind did feel pretty fantastic.

Twins! How sweet :) The pic of your daughter in your avatar is super cute.

I bet you'll lose that baby weight in no time :)