Traveling and need ideas for food on the road!

Options
We are traveling tomorrow and in the car for 7+ hours. I would like to pack a meal for the family, i.e. sandwiches, veggies, snacks - that won't kill my Weight Watchers points and so we don't pull into a drive through. Do you have any good suggestions that have worked for you in your past travels?

4745767.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Zip loc bags of baby carrots, ingredients to make your own PB n J, granola bars, and I LOVE the baby golfish crackers- you can have about 90 for 140 calories! Frozen grapes, etc.
  • schittlmeister
    Options
    I travel a lot for work and one snack that's always helped me is sunflower seeds. I'm not familiar with Weight Watchers points, but you can eat a serving of seeds for 180 calories. I eat David's seeds. You can eat a whole bag (which should last you your trip there and back if you pace yourself) for under 500 calories. They're also great for keeping your mouth busy, which in turn keeps you awake. Also granola bars. Muscle Milk is a good quickie that will get you thru a couple of hours for 150 calories.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Don't eat in the car.
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I air pop popcorn and use salt and pepper to add flavor. Also dried fruit and nuts (but watch your serving size), carrots and celery.