how many stirps of chicken is 3 oz

Options
we are fixing chicken fajita's tonight and i got the tysons grilled chicken stirps...frozen, just wanted to know how many stirps would be 3 oz. i need to go and buy a scale.......thanks....

Replies

• ckuvlesky
    Options
    The scale made all the difference in the world for us.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I've got to say you really need scales.

I doubt anyone one here could tell you without even looking at them.
  • dunawasn
    Options
    I would say roughly 3 strips possibly 4. The scale makes a huge difference, but without you're meat serving size should be about the size of the palm of your hand. FYI....Walmart has scales around here starting around $10....good luck!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    for rough estimate look at weight on whole pkg.. divide chick into that many 'parts' (ie if it says 8 ozs make 8 piles of chicken, and then each will be approx 1 ounce
  • britt_fit
    Options
    For now, use the palm of your hand as a guide. The thickness and size should be roughly 3 oz!
  • anorton45
    Options
    3 oz. of meat is about the size of the palm of your hand, or a deck of cards.
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Probably 3-4 depending on the size. I bought a digital scale and it really works for me. I mostly weigh my higher calorie foods, not my veggies so much. :)
  • clneary
    clneary Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    thanks all that gives me a general idea...i will have to get hubby to pick me up a scale.:smile:
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    It's about 3-4 whole strips. get a cheapo food scale and it will become your best friend. I got one for like $5 at walmart.
  • hbmcracer
    hbmcracer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Here is a cool guide for extimating serving sizes.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/tn/healthy/portions_kit/serving_size.pdf
  • my5kchallenge
    Options
    The palm method is not accurate at all. Hand sizes are all over the map. My palm is 6.7 oz. My daughter's is 4.5

http://my5kchallenge.com/post/2012/06/18/Portion-Control-Mythbusting!.aspx