I'm new at this!

Options
I just logged in yesterday. I've never done anything like this website OR serious weight loss. I was always thin growing up and only gained weight over the years having 3 children. I'm 47 and I'd love encouragement from women near my age. I would like to lose close to 20 lbs. I don't know if that sounds like a lot of a little but I hope to be an encouragement to others as well..
4913290.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place for encouragement and support. Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I hope you come to love MFP as much as I do! I preach it's goodness every chance I get! (Whether anyone is listening or not!)
    Good Luck on your journey... You can do it!!
  • dhogemann
    Options
    Hello, I joined in December but became serious about it in January . I love this site. By logging in and being accountable for what I eat is a great motivational tool for me. :flowerforyou:
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    I've got 20 more to lose, add me if you like :)
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hey there and welcome:) I'm 45 yrs old myself and I joined about 10 days ago and love it!! I'm already seeing progress and the people are great on here. It's nice to be able to talk to people that relate with you and know what you are going through. Myself I want to lose at least 25 lbs. It's not nearly as easy as it used to be when I was in my 30's but I'm getting that metabolism going again and it feels good:) Feel free to add me if you like and we can conquer this!!
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Been here 5 months but still have about 10 lbs or so to go. I'm 48; love to say I've always been thin but that's just not true, in fact quite the opposite having struggled with a few extra pounds most of my life that became 10 then 20 then 30 until all of a sudden I weighed more than I ever weighed pregnant. So, I'm fighting to get it all off and the bigger problem for me - keep it off! Good luck on your journey!