Under cals but over on fat

Options
Pretty much what it says on the lable really!

Quite a few days I notice that although I'm under my calories I'm going over on fat. Mostly this is down to cheese as I am a veggie & have cheese about once a day as one of my scources of protien.

The question is though: will being over on my fat regularly affect my weight loss?

Many thanks.

Replies

• zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    How much over are we talking? 5-10 or like double of what you're suppose to taking in?
  • hannahncakes
    Options
    normally about 5-8. A few occasions it has been much higher (maximum was 18) and that was after eating out.
  • RhondaCS
    Options
    I am a firm believer that fat does NOT make you fat! IF it is the right kind... If you're eating tons of fried foods in vegetable oil, margarine, lard, etc. that is not good, but if it is coming from eggs, olive oil, avocados, coconut oil, and even a bit of butter I wouldn't worry about it a bit! :-)
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Yeah I wouldn't worry about going over by only 5-8 and like Rhonda said there are good fats & bad fats.
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't think it will make a huge difference, especially if its not a huge amount over.

I generally use my diary to plan meals ahead, so perhaps if it looks like you'll be close to going over you could just have less cheese on that day, then reduce something else so you can have more another day
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    fat adds substance to food, it slows down digestion so you stay full longer. too much however can leave you feeling like you just ate 2 pounds too much. over full and nauseous. going a little over on fat will prevent you from eating more, as long as you don't feel it it wont really matter.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Won't make much difference. You do miss out on the thermogentic effect of processing carbs or proteins but the differences with the amount you are talking about would be minimal.