why no poo?

Options
2»

Replies

• loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Try a breakfast cereal that's high in fibre and drinking more water :)
  • dkiles
    dkiles Posts: 45
    Options
    The first week of my diet on the 5 day or so I had the same problem. Just stuck with everything, drank water and it went away. Trying to make sure I get enough fiber. I'm not even sure how many grams of fiber a day I should have. Was thinking about getting some psyllum husk pills.
  • nibor
    nibor Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just heard today that women should have 25 g fiber a day... MFP only shows 16.... Be sure to target 25
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I know everyone seems to keep saying water and fiber, but I surely eat a large salad every day and a fiber one bar at lunch. Also I get a gallon of water a day, I pee constantly. But the good ol #2, once a week or so. Good times, and you aint alone.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I looked at your food diary. I would highly suggest you increase your fiber. But don't do it all at once or you will just "clog" yourself. And do it with FRESH fruits and veggies. The roughage will help move things alog.

I'm not a fan of laxitives or fiber pills/powders etc. It is so easy to get enough fiber from food. I aslo have to respectively disagree with the less in, less out. Thiink about your food as a train. What goes in will come out in approximately 24 - 72 hours. Once per day is good, but twice is better. The amount may be less, but if your eating 3 meals a day, it doesn't mean you go less often. And, if you are eating healthier, you will most likely go more often.

When I went vegan, I doubled my veggie intake. That in turn, doubled my elimitation. 2-3 times per day actually. And I eat approximately 1000-1300 calories per day.

Good fats as someone else mentioned is also important. Too many "low-fat" foods are also void of natural fiber. Plus, think of fat as lubrication for your body. Obviously you don't want too much, but you don't want too little either. You have to keep things moving. Water is also a must have of course. Be careful of coffee. Since it is a stimulant and hot, it can cause you to go. But too much dependency on that will also make your colon dependent on it, thus making it even more difficult to go naturally in the future. I'm not saying don't drink coffee, but just don't rely on it too poo.

Hope that helps.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You can also try flax seed. Not the pills-but the ground up kind. It makes me go everyday and I was opposite of you. I would go over a week without. Now i go everyday.
  • Ashtarot
    Ashtarot Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If you get uncomfortable you can eat four to seven prunes or juice a handful of parsley with half a apple. Just make sure you are not going to be without a bathroom for a while after.Ether of those will clean you out. If you want it to go a little slower then just eat one to two prunes a day. When my kids were small and they would get constipated I would mix 2oz of prune juice with 4oz of apple juice, no more constipation for them.