1/3 to goal, 34 lbs lost, pics!

Options
skeetpea
skeetpea Posts: 241 Member
So I've been feeling a bit down on myself lately and getting the thought in my head that I'm not really making good progress (though i am daily). my weight today even was 0.6 lbs down from the pics I took last night but I still have that slight nagging self doubt thing going on.
I figure I'm about 3 lbs shy of being 1/3 of the way there and I've told myself that is when I am going to post progress pics, so I was hoping by doing this I'd get a boost of confidence and motivation.

And looking at the pics side by side which I haven't done before REALLY made me see how much weight I've lost, so I'm feeling a little better and am here to share :)

I didn't take official 'before' pics until I was about 13lbs down but I do have some from a family event where a bunch of pictures were taken (thanks to my photographer aunt). They basically are the reason why I started my weight loss journey and they were at my highest weight.

before1.jpg

before2.jpg

before4.jpg

before3.jpg

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

Thanks all, :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hey, your waist is coming out to play...yay for you. You look great!!
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!!!
  • luckyinlife
    luckyinlife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You sincerely look fantastic! Keep up the amazing work!!!
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    get it gurl! I see that shape already! wat a difference 13 lbs has made! keep it up! :)
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success thus far! You look a lot younger in the face and definitely can see a waistline peeking out.
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic progress!! You keep it up! :)
  • jenellechan26
    Options
    Great Job Girl!! Keep up the awesome work! :)
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    What an amazing difference! You look like a totally different person. You should be very proud of yourself, you have done fantastic! Thanks for posting the pictures and inspiring us. :)
  • tiptoe6
    tiptoe6 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Huge difference! Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • binabodu
    binabodu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! You look great!!
  • fitness63
    fitness63 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are doing a great job!!
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Great job - you can really see the changes !!

When I decided to make the choice to seriously dedicate myself to losing the weight I had gained, I had taken front, back and side before pictures (in boy shorts and bra - twas not pretty). but every month, I take the same shots and lay them side by side in microsoft paint - when I get down about not feeling like things are progressing - I take a look at the sequence of pictures ... it reminds me how far I've come ...

And on the days I am down and low about the effort and energy this all takes, I open that first picture and just stare at it ... reminds me where I was and how much I don't want to be that unhealthy anymore....

All that to say, keep up the great work! You're doing great!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    You are doing such an amazing job! I'm so happy for you!
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    Awesome! I hope I look that good when I get 1/3 done!
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing, you are inspiration that we can do this! Keep it going girl.
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    You are doing AMAZING!!!!!!!
  • recgirl
    Options
    Good for you!:smile: You should be very proud of yourself.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you're doing GREAT!! :flowerforyou:
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    WOW! Honey, you look great! Keep up the good work. We all have seasons when we want to quit, but do whatever you have to do to stay motivated. You are doing an amazing job. =)
  • Happytobealive
    Options
    Great job, keep up the good work. You should be so proud of yourself. :smile: :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!