Keeping the faith, doing the work

Options
i was put on a diet by my doctor. I am about 35 lbs overweight.
This diet is for weightless and improved health, but also for allergies.

I need to keep on course, even though after a month I have only lost a few pounds.( and none in the last two weeks).

It's one of those times when I do what is best for my health, and nevermind the results, because for whatever reason the scale isn't budging.

I only have one friend on my friend list ( the one who invited me),
And I hope to add many "friends", because I am walking down this path alone.

I have had to give up:
Sugar
Caffeine
Milk
Wheat
And beer!!

I am beginning to jog again at 5 am , which is sometimes hard to wake up this early.

So, anyone who is looking to be an inspiration for someone else,,, I'm right here!!

Thank you for your time.

Replies

• JDE1963
    Options
    Welcome!! I've also been put on dietary restrictions (no gluten or dairy). Its tough to rework your whole eating "routine". But its worth it. I havent lost much weight yet, but Im already feeling better. Good luck to you!
  • Firewhirrrl
    Options
    I did make some excellent breads (GF) lately.
    I'll share later.
    I have learned a lot about how to cook and really rethink things.
    Tonight was my aniversary, so we went to sushi, and excellent way around the whole wheat thing.
    So far I can still have gluten.

I prefer almond milk, it allows me to cook and bake with the rice flour without overdoing the rice in my diet, and it has somany fewer calories.

Everyone I have talked to says it takes about 6 months before they had serious significant decreases in their size ( a size or two)
    So I guess for now I just do what the plan says and focus in the good healthy feeling for now, knowing over time I will lose the extra weight.

How long have you been on your eating plan?
  • JDE1963
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your ideas!
    I have been off gluten for about 4 weeks, and started trying to lose weight for about 1 week.
    How about you?
  • Firewhirrrl
    Options
    I have been on this new diet for about 5 weeks. I have only lost 5 pounds, and it's been rather sporadic.
    I did get tired of eating "special" foods, and ate wheat. I got a huge migrane!

Then I went off and ate sugar... And I felt horrible.
    So, I'm committed just by the results of eating the old diet.

Have you tried eating gluten again??
    I just have to know that the weight will come off...