Got Milk?

Options
Hey everyone. I have recently been trying out different types of milk. I used to drink 2% but have noticed that milk has so much sugar in it! So I have been switching it up b/w soy and 1%. I have also looked into Almond milk but it is soooo high in sugar. I recently bought coconut milk but haven't tried it (Jillian Michales swears by it). Any thoughts?

Replies

• jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    I use unsweeten almond milk
  • petchonka82
    Options
    I use skim milk. I don't like soy milk.
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    soy milk light is the best. original is only 60 calories a glass and vanilla is 70. Almond milk is good too but to me it's too thick and sometimes that grosses me out haha. give it a try!
  • machuril
    machuril Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like fat free Lactaid milk.
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond breeze is pretty good- only 40 calories for a cup. I use it on cereal and in my fruit smoothies.
  • knqtm104
    knqtm104 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i use almond milk it taste great and the kids like it too!
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    I count my sugars too, and love the unsweetened almond milk! It comes in chocolate too and is great in protein shakes!
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I can't do skim milk. It tastes so bad but let's see I have been able to go down to 1% so maybe in a few months it won't be so bad. I will have to keep an eye out for the un sweetened almond milk. Thanks again!!
  • kristenkl85
    Options
    I used to drink 2% too, my nutritionist recommended skim. It really doesnt taste that different, almost like it has been watered down a little. Once you start drinking it daily, you dont even notice the difference.
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Exactly... winding yourself down to lower-fat milks is pretty easy. Once you really get used to 1% try skim. It might be weird at first so maybe you could do half skim half 1%. After a while you can never go back.
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    So I tried the coconut milk this morning in a Yoplait smoothie and YUMMY! Highly recommended.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    don't be afraid of milk! healthy people have been surviving off of it for years! the only reason to steer away from milk is if you have issues with digesting lactose. lactose is the type of sugar found in milk. this type of sugar is natural and will not temper with your diet. to keep the saturated fat and cholesterol in check, just make sure to stick to low fat options.