Diane's Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse

Options
Behavior_Modification
Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
I've been having such a craving for cheesecake lately!! :devil: This turned out awesome! :bigsmile:

Makes 8 servings. Each serving is 1/2 cup.

Nutrition Facts for 1 serving:

Calories: 120
Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Cholesterol: 21mg
Sodium: 320mg
Carbohydrates: 13g
Sugars: 2g
Fiber: 2g
Protein: 4g

Ingredients:
- (1) 12 oz package of frozen strawberries-thawed (makes about 1.75 cups thawed)
- (1) 8 oz softened brick of reduced fat cream cheese (I used the 1/3 less fat kind)
- (1) 4 serving package of sugar free, fat free instant Chocolate Fudge pudding
- 1 & 1/2 cups skim milk

Put the milk & the thawed berries in a blender and puree them together. In a very large bowl use a hand mixer to blend the milk & berry mixture, cream cheese (make sure it is really soft), and the instant pudding powder. Blend on low/med for 2 minutes and then on the highest setting for 2 minutes.

Portion out (8) 1/2 cup servings. Put the mousse cups in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.

Replies

• KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy I think that I might have to try that one. Thank you for sharing. :smile:
  • jrevi001
    Options
    Sounds delicious! can make pretend like it's a treat for the hubby when it's really a treat for me! :P
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm...that sounds sooooo good! Do you create these yourself? Or are you modifying some bad recipes? You should go pro! :)
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Ohhh!!!! I can already visualize several different fruit/pudding combos here!!! MMMMMMMMMM!!! :bigsmile: :smooched:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    BUMP! I CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE THESE!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Mmmmmm...that sounds sooooo good! Do you create these yourself? Or are you modifying some bad recipes? You should go pro! :)

Sometimes I modify recipes (like w/ the muffins), sometimes I just put ingredients together and call it food (like the mousse) and if it turns out good, I might write down what I did. I am constantly changing things too. I modify my own recipes I guess too :D I love to experiment w/ food.
  • clarkgirl83
    Options
    Bump!
  • Elijah0630
    Options
    bump

and
    YUM
  • misskelly121
    Options
    Mmm. Sounds delicious!!
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Mmmm this looks so good! I just purchased 2lb of strawberries (for 1 person)! So I am looking for ways to use them up other than in smoothies or cereals. I will definitely have to try this, thanks!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    UPDATE: Next time I make this recipe, I will be increasing the pudding mix to the 6 serving packet instead of the 4. All other ingredients will remain as is. This adjustment will give the mousse a better consistency, especially if you don't eat (or serve) all 8 servings the same day.
  • mikaylav3
    Options
    *drool* i need to try this soon! bump :)
  • kandemom
    Options
    This sounds absolutely DELICIOUS!!!! Thanks for the recipe!:smile:
  • Sizzline
    Options
    bump