The effects of watching my sodium...

Options
That_Girl
That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
I cut out frozen diet lunches since last Friday.

Here's a picture from 6 days ago and tonight.

I am liking it :drinker:

oneweeksameshirt.jpg
Left is last week....

front1weeks.jpg

Replies

• TheNewDanielle
    Options
    Awesome! I've also cut out frozen lunches :) I'm much larger to start out with, but many shirts are fitting much better. Congrats :)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, 6 days, seriously? What a dramatic difference. I'm trying to stay in denial about the effects of sodium, but this is an eye opener.

Do you know ballpark how much sodium you were getting before vs after?
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Thats really in less then a week wow!! thats amazing!
  • That_Girl
    Options
    Holy cow, 6 days, seriously? What a dramatic difference. I'm trying to stay in denial about the effects of sodium, but this is an eye opener.

Do you know ballpark how much sodium you were getting before vs after?

Before, it was 2500, give or take 200.

Now, It's usually under 1500.

My diary is public :drinker:
    :)
  • Dmonique85
    Options
    Hahaha, after that whole can of Chunky soup. :( That's amazing, I need to try the same...what do you eat now?
  • chach918
    chach918 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've noticed whenever my sodium is high, the next day I weigh more , even if my calorie count was on the mark.
    Keep up the good work, you look great.
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    I am absolutely awstruck....I think I struggle with sodium the most. This is very inspiring and thanks for sharing.
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've started doing the same thing, trying to keep it under 1500 mg, since Monday. Hope I have those results!!
  • That_Girl
    Options
    Hahaha, after that whole can of Chunky soup. :( That's amazing, I need to try the same...what do you eat now?

My diary is public!!
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing!
    Lol I definitely noticed a difference in how big my tummy was today after eating too much sodium yesterday. I'm definitely cutting back on it, thanks for sharing! :)
  • That_Girl
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing!
    Lol I definitely noticed a difference in how big my tummy was today after eating too much sodium yesterday. I'm definitely cutting back on it, thanks for sharing! :)
    Yes! it's just nasty bloat too....yuck.

I haven't missed anything...and yes, I still will have days with more sodium, but then I'll see the scale go up. So....I may NOT eat that much sodium from now on.

lol..
  • That_Girl
    Options
    I've noticed whenever my sodium is high, the next day I weigh more , even if my calorie count was on the mark.
    Keep up the good work, you look great.

Yes. This is what made me start this little experiment. Well, I am glad I did!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Sign me up! Going to skip frozen lunches next week and see what it does for me. WOW! You look great!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Well done. I never tracked sodium until last week. Every day that I gained 300 or 400 gms overnight I went back and checked what my sodium levels were like from the previous day and yep all over 2500 some not so much but others were over by a fair bit. I am trying to keep mine under 2000 now. Oh and I was still under my calorie goal in each case. Sodium is the killer.
  • That_Girl
    Options
    Well done. I never tracked sodium until last week. Every day that I gained 300 or 400 gms overnight I went back and checked what my sodium levels were like from the previous day and yep all over 2500 some not so much but others were over by a fair bit. I am trying to keep mine under 2000 now. Oh and I was still under my calorie goal in each case. Sodium is the killer.

I.agree.

I really do think sodium is 1/2 of people's weight issues.

I did this as an experiment...I won't be going back to eating much sodium, unless on rare occasion.
  • rachpiper720
    Options
    I started watching my sodium on Tuesday because I went to the Dr.'s last week and i have high blood pressure. I have already lost 3 lbs. Granted it is water weight, but it is water weight from the sodium. Let's keep up the great work!
  • SweetTooth68
    SweetTooth68 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is truly astounding! You look fantastic.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    And if you will drink lots of water, that will help keep that sodium flushed out of your system.
    When I was "expecting" my Doctor said I needed to drink lots of water, to keep from retaining fluid.
    Every morning I filled my 2 qt pitcher with some ice cubes and water and tried really hard to have it finished by bedtime,
    otherwise, extremely swollen ankles!! I had the nicest complexion during those 9 months! LOL Water is terrific for your skin!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Looks like two dfferent people. Even the boobs are smaller?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!