Any Army folks out there?

Options
I'd love to get to know some Army folks who are trying to lose weight. Sounds like an oxymoron, right? If you're out there, add me!

Replies

• ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Well, I am prior service (Active Army, National Guard and Reserves) and married to an Active Duty member and I work for the Army...does that count?

I really do miss the Army some days...thanks for your service to the country
  • thinspire_me
    Options
    Well, I am prior service (Active Army, National Guard and Reserves) and married to an Active Duty member and I work for the Army...does that count?

I really do miss the Army some days...thanks for your service to the country

That counts!
    Thank you for your service as well. And being married to someone in active duty is a service in itself, I'm sure.
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm married to Active Army (LOL.. well my Husband is)... Hard to think outside that sometimes. He's about to return from deployment so yay! Another one bites the dust!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I'm an Army mom if that counts!! My son in in the 101st Airborne out of Ft. Campbell, Kentucky. He is currently stationed at COP Margah, in Afghanistan. He surprised me Tuesday and came home for his mid deployment R & R. What a surprise!
  • thinspire_me
    Options
    Yeah I'm married to Active Army (LOL.. well my Husband is)... Hard to think outside that sometimes. He's about to return from deployment so yay! Another one bites the dust!

Deployments are hard. That's awesome that he gets to come home soon! And you'll look great for him with your 21 pound weight loss! =)
    And this counts too. Army wives (and hubbies!) make up a whole other part of the Army. We couldn't do it without the support and love from our families!
  • thinspire_me
    Options
    I'm an Army mom if that counts!! My son in in the 101st Airborne out of Ft. Campbell, Kentucky. He is currently stationed at COP Margah, in Afghanistan. He surprised me Tuesday and came home for his mid deployment R & R. What a surprise!

I'm sure you are very proud! 101st is an awesome unit to be in. I've heard a lot about it.
    I'm glad he is doing well and got to come home for his mid deployment leave.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm ex British Army - I used to be so fit and slim in those days. Sigh.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I am with you on that. My goal is do be able to squeeze into my old BDUs and ACUs...heck, at least fit my husbands pt shorts..lol
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I have my old military belt from those days, it will go around my thigh and thats it! I cant believe how sleek I was back then. Its heart breaking really.
  • thinspire_me
    Options
    Bump. <3