measurments?

Options
do you measure your waist around the fullest part??

Replies

• Jillmartin10
    Jillmartin10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    do you measure your waist around the fullest part??
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I measure at my belly button.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Typically measure your waist where your natural waist line would be - above your hip bones, below your rib cage.

If you take multiple measurements - such as hips, ribs, etc you will get a better idea of where you are losing the weight from, but depending on how you carry your weight, it may not all be on your waist... it may be in front of your hips and show up on that measurement.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    By the way... mine also it at my belly button.
  • lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Options
    Ditto! That makes 3 for the belly button :happy:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    you measure your waist at the point where your hips are smallest. Usually that's just below the belly button, at the top of the hip bones.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    you measure your waist at the point where your hips are smallest. Usually that's just below the belly button, at the top of the hip bones.

For me, and I think most women, are hips are often the widest point of our bodies!

I consider my waist to be at my belly button.

I also measure at other points and gave them different names to track them better--my hips I call "hips" (original, huh?), and above my belly button (I call that measure "upper part of stomach). I also measure my bust, directly under my bust, my upper thigh. lower thigh, calf, bicep area, and neck.

I think that's it! :tongue:
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    To make sure that I measure in the same place each time ...... here's what I do .....

At belly button:
    2 inches below belly button: (which is the fullest part of my belly)
    6 inches below belly button: (for my hips)

I kind of customized it for me - because that 2 inches below my belly button is what I REALLY want to lose!! Then 6 inches below my belly button for my hips - just to make sure that I'm not cheating and I'm measuring the same place each time.

Today is measuring day for me - better get to it!! :tongue: