The difference a couple of days makes!

Options
taiyola
taiyola Posts: 964 Member
I only joined here at the start of the week, and was still quite sceptical about eating more.

However, for the past 4-ish days, I've exercised for an hour or more every day, and ate more than my 800-1000 I was allowing myself before. Although I have put ON 2lb since I joined, I have lost half an inch off my waist :smokin: , and probably the biggest thing, is that I feel more positive to do with food!

I have even had a yogurt for breakfast today :wink: haha, and I'm not sitting there over-analysing everything that goes in my mouth or worrying about it all so much! I hope this continues. I'm chuffed that in not even a week, I'm already noticing a positive effect!

Is anyone else like me? What positive things have you done/realised this week?

Replies

• taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    However, I am quite dizzy the past couple of days o.O
  • stacybrowning
    Options
    I think adding in workouts make a huge difference. If you didn't work out before, you will definetely see a difference when you start. Keep it up!!! I just started this program yesterday. We will see how it goes. I need to lose 10 pounds. I would love to lose 5 before April 3, when I leave for Florida for a week.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    thats great - you have probably gained a bit of muscle since starting to work out more :)

with the dizziness are you getting enough iron and stuff?

those pounds will soon start dropping off :)
  • mmelaniewalters
    Options
    r u drinkin enuff water ???? that gives me a heady feeling if i dont drink enuff
  • tedderr
    Options
    Hi, Its almost cetainly muscle development that has caused your weight gain as it weighs more than fat bt takes up less space hence the loss in inches.
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that you're dizzy because you're working out and limiting yourself to 800-1000 calories.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    well cals depends more on her size height etc. If she is a really small person height wise it may be that is all she needs but my guess is that the dissiness is caused by low blood sugar, I really recommend that you go to a min of 1200/day net meaning that when you work out you keep that deficit so that you are at 1200 net cals/day. Eating the right kind of foods or "good carbs/proteins" will signal the metabolic rate to say ok I am getting what I need so lets drop the excess. Its really just a matter of getting the metabolism to get in line and start working right, I see way to many horror stories on here about ppl damn near staring themselves with so few cals not realizing that its doing more damage than they even know to their metabolism. Its simple really don't give the body what it needs and it will horde energy kind of like a spoiled kid with toys it sees the cals you eat "toys to a spolied kid" and says MINE all MINE and hordes them in the form of fat. If you give the body what it needs in the form of healthy food choices then it becomes the friendly kid who shares his toys "getting rid of the fat". Thats how I look at it, fueling the body with the right stuff makes weight loss easy, its getting the old mindset out the door and bringing in the new one. My wife has lost 50 lbs following that rule, more veggies, less processed junk and don't drink the cals with sweet sugary drinks she has done very well with it and I have dropped 20 lbs in 2 mths doing the same thing.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    if you are eating 800-1000 calories and exercising, no surprise you are dizzy. You are starving your body. Please click on the link in my signature - Links in mfp you want to read again and again. Read it thoroughly.

You want AT LEAST 1200 and you want to eat the calories you burned during exercise. If you don't give your body enough fuel (i.e. calories) to get through the day it will start storing fat and 'eating' into your lean muscle mass to get what it needs.

In fact read the other one too. You aren't big to begin with and you don't have a lot of weight to lose.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Are you eating carbs? Sometimes if you deplete carbs you can have some dizzy spells.
    Make sure you take anice post workout shake after you workout or at least a solid meal with fast acting carbs
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I had that problem with my post workouts from really intense weight training sessions so I just added more fruit to my protein smoothies it took care of it great for me. On the bright side though the metabolism has a wonderful resilience and can bounce back from pretty much any damage.
  • geocookie
    geocookie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    With being dizzy.. Are you drinking enough water? Not eating too much sugar? Making sure your diet is balanced with sufficient protein, and not too many carbs can help regulate your body. My program has a balanced protein-carb intake.. roughly the same number of grams for each meal. And the carbs are natural and not sugar. I've been feeling pretty well with the balance and cutting back on sugar--Although I find it nearly impossible to stay under the recommended levels of sugar hear, I do use it as a goal and my intake is definitely down. Drinking lots of water helps your body shed the fat too.. and really does help with the weight. Although, when you first up your water intake, your body will likely hold onto it because it doesn't know if more is coming. However, if you keep drinking it in, your body will start letting the water cycle through and you will have a good loss from it. Just my thoughts for what they're worth!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!