Need a little support for this weekend

mmanderr18
mmanderr18 Posts: 80 Member
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
Hi All,

So this weekend I am going with my student group to a conference. We are staying at a hotel and every meal is provided for us. Whenever I go to retreats or something like this I always find myself overeating. Its typically a buffet style with a desert at just about every meal. This is obviously NOT GOOD for 2 pounds I lost this week! I am leaving today and I'm just hoping for a little support to help me eat healthy this weekend. Thanks so much!

Replies

• chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    This is always hard for me too. Social eating gets me. But one thing you can do is get your plate and only put food on it that you intend on eating and then don't go back for seconds! Plan your meals the best you can as you would at home and then be done with it. Get more water if you want, or veggies, but stay away from empty dessert calories (unless you can afford them).
  • pretzels113
    pretzels113 Posts: 21 Member
    Weekends are tough for me too! Why don't you only allow yourself one dessert verse at every meal. Enjoy the food but remember moderation is best! Enjoy the conference!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Just plan on only going up to the buffet once...choose a smaller plate if they're available...and just in case there's not fruit available...bring yourself a bag of apples or pears and eat one before each meal :)
  • mmanderr18
    mmanderr18 Posts: 80 Member
    Thanks! I really need to have self control this weekend to feel like am really making the lifestyle change instead of just a diet. I feel like it could be a really great turning point for me
This discussion has been closed.