June 24 MFP Runner's Club

Options

Replies

• ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I ran two miles up the street, and back...up the street and back, up the street and back, up the street and back, up....hokay you get it! LOL

I have to run down our road and back after the kiddos go to sleep since I can't stray too far from the house. But I got off the couch and ran! YEY ME!

PRINCESS!!!....you said is sista...YEY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

hugs!
    ali
  • ali106
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

I ran 5 miles last night in my first ever hail storm! Very scary, thunder, lightning, crazy wind! When we headed out they said the storm was south of us and by the time we were about 2.5 miles into the course here it came out of nowhere! :huh:

It was kinda like an exfoliating run as the penny sized hail whipped against our skin... :noway: Crazy scary but we finished!

Today is strength training and a three mile run afterwards.

Have a great day everyone!

Mireille - a little Benedryl before bed will keep them asleep tonight!! :wink: :laugh:

Shannon - 5lbs? sounds like water? oh! never mind just read about the eating out! Bad, Bad Shannon!

oh wow pm...we had that here up north...yikes...you are a trooper girl lol!!!
    hugs!!!
    Ali
  • ali106
    Options
    I ran 5 miles this morning. Got finished right as the rain started!

don't you just love when it works out like that!!! lol
    great job!
    hugs!
    ali
  • ali106
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I just got back from almost a week of traveling. Went to my Uncles funeral in Texas and then joined my family at camp in California. Today I am going out for a 3 mile run/walk. While I was gone I went biking with my family, ran on the treadmill in the hotel and ran through lots of airports (does that count)?

Shannon that happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Came off as I a little concerned about this "all you can eat" buffet we had Sunday night. I was very restrained but then came the dessert cart :love: my weakness!

Have great day!
    Bunny

:noway: you are better than I!!! lol the dessert cart would have been my downfall!....:ohwell:

hugs!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm a grandma!!! I spent almost 24 hours at the hospital from 1:30 a.m. until 11:30 p.m. yesterday and my son and his wife had a baby daughter! It was so much fun! My husband, daughter and I got to spend almost the whole time with them in the birthing room, playing games and keeping them occupied (they were all wide-eyed and nervous--it was so cute.) I don't think I've stayed up all night for over 10 years, so I really slept hard when I got home last night.
    I imagined in my mind how it was going to feel to be a grandma, but it felt somehow so much bigger than I expected. It was so cool to see my son holding his brand new baby girl! I was so proud of my daughter-in-law and felt so lucky that she wanted us in there sharing the experience with them. It was one of my favorite days ever!

My husband and I got up to do our five mile speed workout this morning before it got too warm. We actually felt pretty good. We had to run three faster than normal 1600's and a slower warm-up and cool down mile. I think maybe we're still running on adrenaline! Oh well, I'm on summer break and I have all the time in the world to rest.

Well, it's back to the hospital to see our baby! Grandma Terry, I like the sound of that!:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'm a grandma!!! I spent almost 24 hours at the hospital from 1:30 a.m. until 11:30 p.m. yesterday and my son and his wife had a baby daughter! It was so much fun! My husband, daughter and I got to spend almost the whole time with them in the birthing room, playing games and keeping them occupied (they were all wide-eyed and nervous--it was so cute.) I don't think I've stayed up all night for over 10 years, so I really slept hard when I got home last night.
    I imagined in my mind how it was going to feel to be a grandma, but it felt somehow so much bigger than I expected. It was so cool to see my son holding his brand new baby girl! I was so proud of my daughter-in-law and felt so lucky that she wanted us in there sharing the experience with them. It was one of my favorite days ever!

My husband and I got up to do our five mile speed workout this morning before it got too warm. We actually felt pretty good. We had to run three faster than normal 1600's and a slower warm-up and cool down mile. I think maybe we're still running on adrenaline! Oh well, I'm on summer break and I have all the time in the world to rest.

Well, it's back to the hospital to see our baby! Grandma Terry, I like the sound of that!:flowerforyou:

Aaawwww - that's awesome!!! :love:

Congrats to you & yours, Grandma Terry!! :smooched:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: Grandma Terry

Congratulations. Thank you for sharing. As I read your post, I could feel your joy.

best
    -Kechie.
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I finally have a chance to check in. We left on vacation last Friday and have been having a blast. Spent the weekend with family and friends on dairy farms and then spent yesterday at Hershey Park in PA. Now I'm at my SIL's place outside of Philly, where we'll be the rest of the week. I was able to run on Saturday. I did my 25 minute stretch! Whoo Hoo! Plus, I was in NW PA, so I had to run hills. Now, I have some hills at home (that I've been avoiding), but these are HILLS. My husband went with me and we did our route so that the last stretch of our run was down hill. Worked great, except then it was all up hill back to the house! Nothing like having a cool down walk with your heart rate still at about 80% due to climbing the hill. Oh well, I made it. I'm going to go running later today. My BIL is taking me to where he runs out here. It's a path along the river and he says it's beautiful! Can't wait. It's 25 minutes again, all three workouts this week. Week 7 of Couch to 5K here I come!
    Hope everyone is having a great week! Sorry this was so long winded....
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

Congrats Grandma! Enjoy the new little one!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Hey everybody! I finally have a chance to check in. We left on vacation last Friday and have been having a blast. Spent the weekend with family and friends on dairy farms and then spent yesterday at Hershey Park in PA. Now I'm at my SIL's place outside of Philly, where we'll be the rest of the week. I was able to run on Saturday. I did my 25 minute stretch! Whoo Hoo! Plus, I was in NW PA, so I had to run hills. Now, I have some hills at home (that I've been avoiding), but these are HILLS. My husband went with me and we did our route so that the last stretch of our run was down hill. Worked great, except then it was all up hill back to the house! Nothing like having a cool down walk with your heart rate still at about 80% due to climbing the hill. Oh well, I made it. I'm going to go running later today. My BIL is taking me to where he runs out here. It's a path along the river and he says it's beautiful! Can't wait. It's 25 minutes again, all three workouts this week. Week 7 of Couch to 5K here I come!

Hey Margie!

Sounds like you're having fun & getting good exercise it! Much better then I ever do on vacation!!

Keep up the good work! :wink:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

Hey there! wondering where you were! Missing all of our Couch Potato to 5K here lately! Glad you are having a fun trip through PA. I love the Dutch Country! Keep up the good work!!
  • pmkelly409
    Options

Congrats Terry! Enjoy your beautiful new little one! Post some pics! :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

Congratulations Grandma Terry! What wonderful news!
    Way to go on your run too!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

Congratulations, Grandma Terry! I'm heading to the hospital bright and early tomorrow, also! Hopefully, I'll be an auntie again by this time tomorrow night. I'll pass all of y'alls good wishes to my sis tomorrow. Thanks!

No running for me today. My shin is still sore. I banged my shin with the sprayer on my water hose last week and now the bruise has shown up. It is going down, so hopefully it will be better shortly. Probably no running for me tomorrow either. So, a couple of days of rest will be good for me.......

Congrats to everybody who hit the trails today!
    :heart: P
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    It is about 95 here and instead of whining like I ususally do, I just hit the streets. It really was not that bad. I ran 3 miles. I know I said it Sunday, but it feels soooo good to be off those meds.

Good job today everyone. See ya tomorrow.
  • pmkelly409
    Options

No running for me today. My shin is still sore. I banged my shin with the sprayer on my water hose last week and now the bruise has shown up. It is going down, so hopefully it will be better shortly. Probably no running for me tomorrow either. So, a couple of days of rest will be good for me.......

Congrats to everybody who hit the trails today!
    :heart: P

Sorry about your shin Ms. Pam! Hope you are healed and back at it in no time! Stay away from those pesky lawn tools! :flowerforyou: Tricia
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    4 miles
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    okay, so I am totally new to running and can't do nearly I mean neraly what you guys are doing. Can anyone give me insight on how to keep up the momentum. I can only run about 5-10 minutes right now. It is about 1.2 a mile. I know to all of you that is like nothing but to me it is a true accomplishment......I need to lose this weight like NOW. I didn't even excercise after my first son and then went on LA Weight loss and lost 60 pounds, no excercise, now I can't seem to lose anything. I did lose 2 inches off my thighs though.
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    It is about 95 here and instead of whining like I ususally do, I just hit the streets. It really was not that bad. I ran 3 miles. I know I said it Sunday, but it feels soooo good to be off those meds.

Good job today everyone. See ya tomorrow.

WOW! I am impressed 95 degrees! that is high enough to make anyone say No way! :noway: Way to stick with it!! Does that trump my hail storm?:laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8cf08faca5dd9ea45513

You guys have to watch this clip. Get the tissues, you'll need them.

Mireille

Oh my gosh, Mir! I'm sooooooo glad I didn't watch this at work. :sad: :sad: