Question about slimfast shakes

Options
Hey all, this question is actually for my dad. He started MFP a few weeks ago and has been doing great. He was drinking a slimfast shake in the morning up until this week. He decided to switch it up and try these Emerald Breakfast on the go packs. Since he's been eating them, he's not losing as much weight as he did with the slimfast shakes.

My question is, do slimfast shakes have a metabolic boost? Is that why he was losing more with those than with the new breakfast? If that's not it, what is the explanation for this?

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I believe the slimfast shakes are just low calorie drinks with some nutrients in there, no metabolic boost (usually read caffeine) added. My guess is that he is just starting to lose less weight, which is normal.
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    hroush is right, there's really nothing that great about slimfast shakes. Actually, they aren't even that good for you. The reason they work is just because they are low cal; whenever you're cutting your back on calories, you will lose weight. Everyone loses more drastically the first couple weeks they change their habits, after that it slows down as your body adjusts to your new changes. I'd say that's what is going on. If he continues to not see a loss in a couple weeks, maybe you'll need to check how many calories he is consuming per day, sodium intake, how much water he's drinking per day...all that good stuff. Hope that helps!
  • mommy23skllm
    Options
    Thanks. I know he's been doing really well with his calories and such. He was just curious about the slimfast shakes helping him lose weight faster.