Sweet Tooth

Options
I noticed lately that I have been having a craving for some chocolate or sugary treat. People at work always have chocolate, candy, and ice cream throughout the day and it has been really hard to say no to a taste. Is there anyone who can suggest something that will satisfy the craving without putting me over my calories for the day?

Replies

• mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Chocolate pudding sandwiches (around 70 something calories). I can e-mail you the recipe.
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    Jello makes a sugar free chocolate pudding its only 60 calories. It's in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. Also, Hershey's makes 100 calorie candy bars.
  • tgaul
    tgaul Posts: 123
    Options
    Skinny Cow has great ice cream treats that are very low calories and low fat!
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Blue Bunny has sugar free ice cream that is very delicious.
    You can also try the 100 calorie chocolate treats.
    Or the popcicles, which are only 15 calories.
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Quaker caramel mini-rice cakes (to DIE for and only 8 cals per mini cake)
    Skinny cow or Blue Bell mini ice cream sandwiches (100-120 cals each)
    Ovaltine (gives you the good stuff along with the chocolate taste!)
    Frozen grapes
    Extra dessert gum, various flavors (works in a pinch)
    Yoplait fat-free yogurt (110 cals, try Boston cream pie, OMG!!!)
    1 or 2 Hershey Kisses (26 cals each)
    10 plain M&Ms (35 cals)
    Blue Bell ice cream cup, vanilla (110 cals)

Can you tell I'm a sweet-aholic, too?
  • toodleton
    Options
    As of right now if I want chocolate then I eat it but I know that I have to cut calories somewhere else and so I do to stay under my calories for the day, I'm just the type of person that restriction brings out the binge eater in me.....After I get better control of this, I will go back to eating Jell-o sugar free chocolate pudding, Swiss Miss sugar free hot chocolate, Sugar Free chocolate pops and so on but until then I will enjoy the chocolate.....: )
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Quaker caramel mini-rice cakes (to DIE for and only 8 cals per mini cake)
    Skinny cow or Blue Bell mini ice cream sandwiches (100-120 cals each)
    Ovaltine (gives you the good stuff along with the chocolate taste!)
    Frozen grapes
    Extra dessert gum, various flavors (works in a pinch)
    Yoplait fat-free yogurt (110 cals, try Boston cream pie, OMG!!!)
    1 or 2 Hershey Kisses (26 cals each)
    10 plain M&Ms (35 cals)
    Blue Bell ice cream cup, vanilla (110 cals)

Can you tell I'm a sweet-aholic, too?

Excellent ideas, thanks for the tips!!! =)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I like the deep chocolate Vita Tops warmed up in the microwave! :)
    About 100 cals! Delish.
    I have also tried the cranberry ones :)
  • mountainchica
    mountainchica Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can't say enough good things about Jell-o's new Mousse cups... IF you like mousse. The Dark Chocolate one is amazing! 60 calories and no sugar. I may never make mousse again, I'll just buy these because they are so good and much less calories and sugar than my homemade mousse.
    Not a big fan of the mint chocolate one though... :(
  • Carolinea20050
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth too. I really enjoy Alpen light bars and Braces fruit loaf which is my cake substitute:) Cannot live without cake. I have a collection of nibbles in my drawer at work so I'm not tempted by naughty things on offer. I get my chocolate fix by having low fat hot chocolate which has just 40 calories or jaffa cakes are excellent too. I know that by starting the day off with a bowl of Oats So Simple (syrup flavoured) this definately keeps me going for longer throughout the morning.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Yes, IF you like mousse. It is definitely a strange texture at first. Dark chocolate is also my fav. Wanted to try the mint chocolate, but maybe not haha.
    I can't say enough good things about Jell-o's new Mousse cups... IF you like mousse. The Dark Chocolate one is amazing! 60 calories and no sugar. I may never make mousse again, I'll just buy these because they are so good and much less calories and sugar than my homemade mousse.
    Not a big fan of the mint chocolate one though... :(
  • Arkens2B
    Options
    Special K has some really good bars. The one I really like is the Chocolatey Pretzel. It satisfies my chocolate craving, gives a hint of salty, and is only 90 calories. There are a couple of different options.
  • fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If you just want the sweet taste but aren't really hungry, try a sugarfree mint. The peppermint seems to curb cravings for me, and satisfies my craving for sweet.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've just discovered Emerald Dark Chocolate cocoa roast almonds. Just like a dessert but fewer calories than regular almonds!
  • jilllk84
    jilllk84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I think a trip to grocery store is in my very near future to stock up.
  • sharper43
    Options
    Great suggestions! I'm gonna have to try some of these! I need to try skinny cow one of these days!

I love the Fiber One 90 Calorie Chewy Bars. I have the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor - yum! The 5g of fiber keeps the hunger at bay. I also grab those 100 cal packs of cookies because I'm a cookie fanatic.
  • sharper43
    Options
    I like the deep chocolate Vita Tops warmed up in the microwave! :)
    About 100 cals! Delish.
    I have also tried the cranberry ones :)

I have such a hard time trying to find those! I think I saw them at a store about a year ago, and they were so expensive. I wonder if the price has gone down since then.