Has anyone tried the "Fruta Planta" pills?

msshaydlady
msshaydlady Posts: 31
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
Some of my co-workers are using the "Fruta Planta" pills and they "swear" that it is melting the weight off of them. It is indeed evident that they are losing weight and seem to be doing so without much excercise. Just want to hear from others that may have used or heard about these pills.

Replies

• BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    I haven't, but when I do a google search, the first few hits are pretty scary!

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/01/03/fda-warns-fruta-planta-weight-loss-products/
    http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm238491.htm

Looks like you are doing great by yourself ~ congratulations on losing 11 pounds the right way!:drinker:
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    right...and what happens when they stop taking those "miracle pills"? uh huh you guessed it. Keep up the work you are doing, nothing but the basics will work, counting calories, eating healthy foods and exercising. Everything else is crap!
  • I don't see anything wrong with jump starting your diet with diet pills. As long as when you stop taking them, you still stick with calorie counting. You are still creating a calorie deficit which is what is required to lose weight. . . .
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I don't see anything wrong with jump starting your diet with diet pills. As long as when you stop taking them, you still stick with calorie counting. You are still creating a calorie deficit which is what is required to lose weight. . . .

Your kidding right?

You are not creating a deficit with diet pills.. but you are poisoning your body, and making it very likely that the weight will come back on because lets be real.. diet pills are no more then caffeine most of the time.. so she could go take a caffeine pill and prob. have the same results.

Op:
    My 2 cents.. don't do it. Keep doing what your doing and take a good multi-vitaman.. that will help more then a diet pill ever will!
This discussion has been closed.