Breakfast

Options
I do not really like breakfast, I never feel like eating for at least two to three hours after I am up. I know you are supposed to and I have been drinking the slimfast optima shakes just bc I know I am supp to have something. Any other ideas, and I don't want eggs or oatmeal. I mean I will eat both of those things, but I feel nauseous in the mornings, I always have my entire life and I don't want to eat either of those or cereal ugh. I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Thanks.

Replies

• lildazey
    lildazey Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same way. I started with making fruit smoothies. Then I started eating yogurt with bran buds, or fruit. Now I have to eat within an hour of getting up!
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I really like Special K's honey almond bars; they are very filling... also you dont have to eat "breakfast food" for breakfast so switch things up. I really like the bagel thins or deli thins (they are like 100 calories) with 1/2 slice reduced fat cheese (about 35 calories) and some kind of meat (usually canadian bacon or turkey ... or both)... toast the thin then add the inside and melt for like 30 sec in the microwave. Its super good and fast
  • angelfishgurl
    Options
    I also used to be the same and like the previous poster now normally need to eat fairly soon after waking.

Some of my usuals are:
    -Yogurt, home made granola and berries
    -whole wheat english muffin with low fat peanut butter
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Yeah I agree with Lildazey, When you're not in the habit of eating breakfast it's hard, but the shakes are a good start! Maybe try adding a piece of fresh fruit, or blending some into them, and just work your way up =)
  • ShelleyBowman
    ShelleyBowman Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Have a banana & a piece of string cheese, great on the go.
    Slice an apple & dip in peanut butter.
    Try a 1/2 bagel & cream cheese... but choose the healthier versions
    Yogurt with fruit & a piece of toast

The thing is... you don't have to eat A LOT, just a little something so your body isn't hungry. Once you get into the habit (say after a week or so) it should all be a bit easier and more natural for you. Best of luck!
  • Michelleyclemens
    Options
    Try a small lowfat light yogurt. It wont way heavy on your belly in the morning and it will give you some much needed calcium!
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    One thing that helps me is not eating too late at night - I try not to eat for two or so hours before going to bed, now. If I'm feeling slightly empty before bed it makes it easier to eat in the morning. I also did green shakes with fruit and started adding oatmeal to make them stick better. I've never eaten much in the mornings, but I've always tried to avoid skipping breakfast altogether.
  • krisnshan
    Options
    thanks for the ideas, I actually like the idea of the toasted bagel thin with cheese. I don't eat late at night. I usually eat dinner with my hubby and kids around 6-6:30 have some greek yogurt at 8 and bed between 10-11. I have just never liked breakfast and I just feel sick in the mornings. Perhaps, I can skimp by with the shakes or invest in the whey protein shakes to hold me until lunch anyways. I like cereal as a snack, but I can't bring myself to eat it in the am. Thank you all for the ideas!!!