Suggestions!

Options
My all... I am taking a medicine that can increases blood pressure but I normally don't have any effect but I took midol this morning as well and now I feel as if my blood pressure is sky high right now, any suggestions to get it lowered??? I have never had high blood pressure before help!

Replies

• cwilson715
    cwilson715 Posts: 130
    Options
    My all... I am taking a medicine that can increases blood pressure but I normally don't have any effect but I took midol this morning as well and now I feel as if my blood pressure is sky high right now, any suggestions to get it lowered??? I have never had high blood pressure before help!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Yikes...that sounds scary!
    Maybe put a call in to your doctor. They will definitely know best.:smile:
  • cwilson715
    Options
    I ate breakfest, I am feeling a little shaky still but feeling much better!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Check the ingredients list on the Midol. . .it probably contains caffeine. . .if you're not feeling better soon, should check with the Dr.

Caffeine is in lots of things, including headache meds, etc. Watch out.
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    Try laying down for a while with your feet elevated, drink lots of water, and avoid salt.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I am suprised that the Doctor did not tell you not to TAKE MIDOL with your meds.
    This sounds like a caffine/blood pressure med reaction.
    If you do not feel better in a bit, Call the DR.
    In fact, forget that, get off the puter NOW and call the office NOW!
    This is not something to mess around with.
    When you are on Heart or blood pressure meds I would hope and THINK that the Dr. would give you a list of things that you should stay clear of, And they may have, if they told you not to take caffine.
    But a LOT of people do not know that there is caffine in Midol.
    --Diann...
    I hope you feel better soon dear. I am sure that you will. :flowerforyou:
  • Wizzle
    Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. That sounds scary! You should try to stay away from Midol. I am not big on taking prescription drugs anyhow, but yuo don't want to be taking something that is harming your health. Cramps can be bad... but it's something that will go away. I provided a link below to WebMD. This viedo give useful tips on how to aviod menstral cramps by doing a few simple, natural, things before that time of the month. You should check it out. Hope this helps!!! Oh, and if you don't feel better soon. Go to the doctor.

http://www.webmd.com/video/cramping-your-style
  • cwilson715
    Options
    Sorry I think I didn't word this right, I am not taking a medication to increase my blood pressure I am taking a medicine that can cause your blood pressure to increase. I have taken midol with it before but not at the sametime. I won't do that agian. I am doing much better... I didn't eat breakfest before taking the midol which you are suppose to do.

Thank you for all the concerns!
    :heart: Crystal
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i was on bcp, taking them constantly so i wouldn't have a period. they made my bp dangerously high and i had no clue. a couple of times, i felt weird, like my heart was beating out of my chest. it actually woke me up one night. went to the doctor for an annual, and ended up switching medications. if you feel weird, its probably worth a call to your doctor. take care.