Please let me know if I am doing this right??????

Options
clneary
clneary Posts: 55 Member
Swanson - White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast 12.5 oz Can, 1 container (12 oz (56g) ea.) 300 6 6 54 0 1,560
Pictsweet - Vegetable Soup Mix With Tomatoes (Frozen) Pict Sweet, 1 container (3 3/10 cup frozen (82g) ea.) 200 45 0 10 10 125
Swanson - Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free, 1 can 20 1 1 1 0 960
2 cans of water

ok so i added this in but it asked for how many servings??? i am not sure I mean do i use 1 cup or 2/3 cup i am confesed by this...i hope this makes sence to someone... i need to know how many cups and how many servings
not sure how to figure that out

Replies

• ahayter82
    Options
    You want to look at serving size. Say the broth is 30 calories for 1/2 cup and you used 1 cup then you used 2 servings. Its all about the serving size. If say the broth only comes up with 1 cup and you used say 1/4 cup then that would be .25 serving. Does that help?
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    If you're using the recipe calculator you make make the servings as big as you want them. My default is to do it by the cup. (you can always have seconds) But it's really up to you.
  • rkdesmond
    Options
    Be sure to look at the nutrition label on the package. Nutritional info is usually for 1 portion, but the container may have numerous portions. If you eat the whole can of chicken, you will have to enter the full number of portions listed on the can. Hope this makes sense.
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    And if you're not sure how many cups are in it, wait until it's done, then measure it all out.
  • clneary
    clneary Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    thanks for the help
  • amandakay23
    Options
    You want to look at serving size. Say the broth is 30 calories for 1/2 cup and you used 1 cup then you used 2 servings. Its all about the serving size. If say the broth only comes up with 1 cup and you used say 1/4 cup then that would be .25 serving. Does that help?

Can you make go by cups? I did a recipe recently and it just asks how many servings, doesn't say what size servings, that I can see anyway, do you measure how many cups in the whole recipe and then put it in that way?